Old event and registrant management best practice

• Alan Gayton
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #100403 by Alan Gayton
I am finishing out year 1 with Events Booking. I start a new year on July 1 and I am ready to "close the books" on this first year.
I looked through the forum and documentation but I am still not sure what I should do to clean up the events and registrants listings.

I see that I can unpublish and/or hide events but should I also delete old events once I know I am done with them? I have exported the entire list so I don't need them.

Same for registrants. I see that all the old registrants are still listed.
Is it safe to delete them as well?
If I delete the event is it suppose to delete the registrants as well? I noticed some registrants are listed without events so I am wondering if the event they were attached to got deleted.

I have not tried it yet and wanted to check before I did anything that might cause issues.
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Alan Gayton.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #100410 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Old event and registrant management best practice
Hello Alan

1. If you are done with the events and registrants, then you can safely delete these data. Before deleting, maybe you should export registrants and events data first, just in case you need it again in the future

2. We don't delete registrants when you delete events. It is just to avoid you delete event by mistake and then loose all registrants data. So in this case, you need to delete both registrants and events manually

Regards,

Tuan

More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #101002 by Marc Kettemann
Replied by Marc Kettemann on topic Old event and registrant management best practice
It would be great, if I could archiv events and registrants.
We don´t like to delete out participants.
Is this an option for EB 3.1?

Thanks a lot
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Marc Kettemann.

More
6 years 9 months ago #101019 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Old event and registrant management best practice
Hi Marc

I will have to think more about it and wait for feedback from other customers. If there are requests from other customers, yes, I will think about it and add support for it in future releases of the extension

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Marc Kettemann

More
6 years 1 month ago #109880 by Sunil
I think it will be a good idea to be able to archive old events and registrants so that they don't show up.

More
6 years 1 month ago #109894 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic Old event and registrant management best practice
As well as have some way to leave published, but hide old Custom Fields.

James Riley .: EventBooking user since 2014 ::: JoomDonation user since 2016 :.
.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.

More
6 years 1 month ago #110673 by reeg99
I would certainly welcome being able to archive old events and their associated registrants

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #111420 by Donal

Tuan Pham Ngoc wrote: 1. If you are done with the events and registrants, then you can safely delete these data. Before deleting, maybe you should export registrants and events data first, just in case you need it again in the future

For GDPR preparation, I want to delete all of my old registrations (having made an offline backup). Is there a recommended/easy way to delete registrations for past events?

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #111428 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Donal

As of right now, the only way is go to Events Booking -> Registrants. filter registrants of these past events (one event by one, I guess) and delete the registration records manually

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc