Attendance Certificates

More
6 years 1 week ago #110914 by Leo Baker
Replied by Leo Baker on topic Attendance Certificates
Hello Tuan,

I did ask Sang in the ticket about rollng the update rather then having to use a override. As obviosuly I was having the same issue as others, white space on the right and bottom of the a4-landscape backgorund.

So if it can be correctly added all th dimensions for the backgorund pdf, a4, portrait, landscape into the core that would be much better.

As using the default it's not working has it not been coded yet to accept the correct page background override hence why Sang had to create the extra php file for the override to work correctly?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 week ago #110920 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Attendance Certificates
Yes, sometime the default behavior doesn't work and we will have to create an override to correct the behavior (and it won't be lost when you update to future releases of the extension)

As I said, I will see if we can add it to core package

Regards,

Tuan

More
6 years 1 week ago #110931 by Leo Baker
Hello Tuan,

Also I have an idea, when students are marked as checked in. You can check the tick box and re-send he event registration. How about we have a similar feature, so we checkin the students. Then we can check the students on the list in registrants, and press a new button 'send certificate'. This will be also logged in the email log like the other actions. It could have text from a new email template where we have the name of the event, student name etc and the link for them to login and retrieve their certificate.

More
6 years 1 week ago #110934 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Leo

That could be implemented. I will think more about this idea and will implement it if there are more customers need it

Maybe you can post this idea in Features wish list forum to see whether there are other customers interested in this feature?

Tuan

More
6 years 1 week ago #111061 by Addlink
Replied by Addlink on topic Attendance Certificates
Hi, I just wanted to share that we had our own solution even before that the component had its own certificates althought our solution was sending the pfd through an email, when we "migrated" to the built in feature we got the same problem with the margins and some other issues that we fixed changing some pdf settings directly overriding in the new helper.php

We used to had this option to send an email with the attached certificate just clicking a button on the registrants view but it was a hardcoded email, it will be much better as an inbuilt feature like Leo said, seems easy enough to do. If needed I do not mind to share our code.

Regards,

More
6 years 1 week ago #111083 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
OK. Thanks for the input. As of right now, we have several ways to send certificate to registrants already:

1. Via Mass Mail (send link to download certificate)

2. Via Mass Mail selected registrants from registrants management screen(send link to download certificate)

3. I am thinking about improving reminder email (especially the second reminder one - can be configured after event started) to send certificate, too

If you still want to have a separate button to send certificate, then Yes, I can implement it

Regards,

Tuan

• Alison
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 6 days ago #111100 by Alison
Replied by Alison on topic Attendance Certificates
I would like a 'send certificates' button in the backend. That would be awesome!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Addlink

More
6 years 6 days ago #111105 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
OK. Will implement it

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Addlink, Alison

More
6 years 6 days ago #111116 by Leo Baker
Hello Tuan,

Step 3 sounds good. As if the user is checked in it can automatically send the link to login to retrieve their certificate. Maybe have it saved in thermal log as well so we know it's been sent? Many students can say they never receive the link spam/junk, so a way of re-sending to again would be good as well.

More
6 years 6 days ago #111122 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Yes. The reminder emails can be configured to be logged already. Instead of sending download link, I am thinking that we should send PDF certificate directly to them in that email. That should be easier for registrants to get certificate

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc