disable a value in field, list type

• webatwork
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 4 days ago #112171 by webatwork
disable a value in field, list type was created by webatwork
Hi there

I have a field, type list, with 5 values in it. I would like the 3rd value to be disabled. So it is readable by visitors but cannot be selected.
Is this possible with Event Booking?

Luc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 days ago #112193 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic disable a value in field, list type
Hi Luc

No, unfortunately, it's not possible

Regards,

Tuan

More
6 years 2 days ago #112225 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic disable a value in field, list type
I have done something similar with CSS before where I had a value that I wanted to always "appear" selected but really the selection checkbox was a font-awesome icon.
I'll look back at what I did on that event and you can decide if something similar could work for you too.

James Riley .: EventBooking user since 2014 ::: JoomDonation user since 2016 :.
.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.

More
6 years 2 days ago - 6 years 2 days ago #112226 by James Riley
Here is what I did. The first and second lines have their default html checkboxes hidden via CSS and are technically still selectable, but the user never sees the checkbox change. This was set up as a fee field, with fee values of 0 (zero) on the first 2 options and price increase on the next 2 options.

My options looked like this:

My Custom Field checkbox was named "LentConf_RegistrationOptions" and "value" set to:
Code:
Conference Registration: <em>$90</em><i class="fa fa-check-square-o" aria-hidden="true"></i> <em class="makeItAPackage">Make it a package!</em> include All Meals: <em>$45 (+ $2.70 PST*)</em> include Accommodations (shared room): <em>$60 (+ $3.60 PST*)

And my EB -> Configuration -> Custom CSS was:
Code:
#LentConf_RegistrationOptions em{ color:#4E6D8B; font-weight:400; } #LentConf_RegistrationOptions1, #LentConf_RegistrationOptions2, [id^=LentConf_RegistrationOptions_1], , [id^=LentConf_RegistrationOptions_2] { display:none; } #LentConf_RegistrationOptions { padding-left:10px; } #LentConf_RegistrationOptions i, [id^=LentConf_RegistrationOptions_] i { float: left; display: block; margin-right: 0.2em; font-size: 1.2em; color: #999; position: relative; top: 0.2em; cursor:not-allowed; } em.makeItAPackage { display:block; margin-top:5px; color:#4E6D8B; font-weight:bold !important; }

The whole solution was a little complex, but it work fine for me.

.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 2 days ago by James Riley. Reason: fix css code

More
6 years 2 days ago - 6 years 2 days ago #112227 by James Riley
note: I just made an edit to the above css code... as it was originally posted, it would have hidden all checkboxes on the custom field on the group registration form. I corrected "[id^=LentConf_RegistrationOptions_]" to "[id^=LentConf_RegistrationOptions_1], [id^=LentConf_RegistrationOptions_2]" (first and second checkboxes only).

I can explain the CSS further if you need me to, or help you write the CSS you'd need for your site if this idea could work for you.

Last edit: 6 years 2 days ago by James Riley.

More
2 years 1 month ago #150118 by Uugankhuu
Replied by Uugankhuu on topic disable a value in field, list type
This question was posted 3 years ago, is it possible now?

More
2 years 1 month ago #150125 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic disable a value in field, list type
Hello Uugankhuu

We do not support this feature in the extension. Maybe you can try the solution which @James Riley suggested earlier?

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc