How to add HTML text before the fullcalendar?

• rodolphe aoustin
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #112180 by rodolphe aoustin
How to add HTML text before the fullcalendar? was created by rodolphe aoustin
Hi,
I have setup a page like yours:
joomdonationdemo.com/eventbooking/full-calendar

Actually I have 2 types of recurring events, so I built 2 pages like yours, each 1 only displays 1 type of recurring event.
e.g:
mysite.com/eventbooking/full-calendar1
mysite.com/eventbooking/full-calendar2

I have found no way to add a different text in those pages, right before the display of the calendar.
This text would need to be specific to describe what type of event is in the calendar.
So 1 text for full-calendar1
and 1 text for full-calendar2.

When I create the menu item as per your documentation, it does not propose in the option a text specific for that menu item, that would be the ideal solution.
1 text per menu item.

Actually I have a module that allows me to add an article on a page, so I was able to do that BUT, when the user selects an event from the fullcalendar, then your module redirects to a page to display the detail of the selected event where you can start registration, but then the joomla module displays the same article on top, but this article does not make sense anymore because there is no calendar anymore in this page...
Whatever the module I use to add my article before the display of the fullpage calendar, I have the same behaviour.
Your redirection is seens as linked to the same menu, thus my article is displayed.

I have no idea if what I am saying is clear enough :-)

so basically i want to display a text before the fullcalendar, 1 per instance of fullcalendar, but it has to disappear when the user picks one event and your module redirects to the detail page

thanks,
Rod
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by rodolphe aoustin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #112189 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic How to add HTML text before the fullcalendar?
Hello Rod

We don't support this option at the moment. However, I guess it's useful in some cases, so I will add support for it in the next release of the extension. Please give me sometime to work on it (should be less than one week). I will inform you when it's implemented

Regards,

Tuan

• rodolphe aoustin
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 11 months ago #112230 by rodolphe aoustin
Replied by rodolphe aoustin on topic How to add HTML text before the fullcalendar?
awesome you're the best :-)

More
5 years 11 months ago #112239 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic How to add HTML text before the fullcalendar?
Hi

You can update your site to version 3.4.1 of Events Booking (just released it). Then in the menu options, you will see a setting called Intro text.

Enter the text you want there and it will be displayed as you want

Regards,

Tuan

• rodolphe aoustin
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 11 months ago #112249 by rodolphe aoustin
Replied by rodolphe aoustin on topic How to add HTML text before the fullcalendar?
Hi,

I did it, I can see the intro text in the backoffice (menu option, fullcalendar), I put "THIS IS A TEST".
but it is not displayed.
any other setup I need to do?

thanks,
Rod

More
5 years 11 months ago #112270 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic How to add HTML text before the fullcalendar?
Have you created template override of the calendar tmpl file? If so, you'll have to clear your override or merge your existing override customizations into the new version of the file, and overwrite your override with it.

If you don't have a template override in place, then the problem might be that 1) a server cache is still providing users with the old version of your page; or 2) Tuan's missing something in the code (couldn't be that however, right Tuan :) )

James Riley .: EventBooking user since 2014 ::: JoomDonation user since 2016 :.
.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.

More
5 years 11 months ago #112273 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Strange that I also used the text This is a test when I tested it this afternoon :D, so we use the same string. In my test, it worked, So maybe it causes by something else as James pointed out. Submit a support ticket and I will be happy to check it on tomorrow morning (It is almost 11pm here now and I will be off soon)

Tuan

• rodolphe aoustin
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 11 months ago #112275 by rodolphe aoustin
well it does work.
I had an override:
calendarOptions = 'auto';
calendarOptions = '6';
thanks you so much!

BTW when I click on event from calendar, I access a page with the detail of the event.
I can add a text specific to the event, but there is no generic text that would apply to all events right?

if found in general config an intro-text for the registration form, but not for the page that provides the detail of 1 event.

thanks,
Rod

More
5 years 11 months ago #112290 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Rod

Yes. For details of event, you will need to setup it for each event (the description field). There is no generic text which can be used for all of your events (I don't think it makes sense to support something like that)

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc