• Donal
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
5 years 10 months ago #113002 by Donal
Bug with Meta Description was created by Donal
Hi Tuan,

Google recently changed the length of the meta description to be up to 320 characters. However, the Event Booking Meta Description field is a varchar(255). I have changed it on my site, but it's something you should look at for future releases.

Regards,
Donal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 10 months ago #113006 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Bug with Meta Description
Thanks Donal. Will do

Regards,

Tuan

• Donal
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
5 years 10 months ago #113047 by Donal
Replied by Donal on topic Bug with Meta Description
Thanks Tuan,

I found another couple of issues. If you add the Facebook like button option in EB, Open graph meta data is added automatically. There are a couple of issues with this...
1) It uses the default event title, rather than the title entered in the event's meta data section.
2) There is a bug for the assignment of the open graph description, whereby it is again assigned the default event title.

When you export the events, only the following 2 meta data fields are exported: meta_keywords meta_description. Ideally, Page Title and Page Heading would also be exported to allow batch processing and subsequent import. As it is, I can't even find where the Meta Data Page Title is stored in the database. Can you please point me in the right direction?

Bugs 1 and 2 mean that I have edited out the open graph content assignment in /components/com_eventbooking/view/event/tmpl/default_share (EB V: 3.13)

Regards,
Donal

More
5 years 10 months ago #113067 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello Donal

1. For title, we still use event title. To be honest, I don't know which one is right, but I guess I can change it as you said

2. For the description, it was fixed before. When you update to latest version, it will work as expected

Regards,

Tuan

• Donal
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
5 years 10 months ago #113134 by Donal
Hi Tuan,
1) If you set a custom title in the meta data section, then this is what you want as your meta title in all cases. It should be meta title first, then event title, if there is no meta title. I could figure out for ages why I couldn't get my Open Graph meta data as I wanted it.
2) Ok, thanks.
3) Where isthe meta data title and heading stored in the database? I need to batch process 100+ events. Why aren't those fields in the events table like ,eta_keywords and meta_description?

Thanks,
Donal

More
5 years 10 months ago #113145 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Donal

1. Thanks. I implemented it in latest code base and will have it available in next release 3.5.1

2. It's still in table #__eb_events, the fields are page_title and page_heading. Just implemented code to have it exported, too.

If you are in rush, you can submit a support ticket requesting us for this new version

Regards,

Tuan

• Donal
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
5 years 10 months ago #113162 by Donal
Hi Tuan,

good stuff. It would be brilliant to be able to export and import these 2 fields.If I send a ticket, could you just update this functionality, or would you update the whole component. Its just that I have a number of mods made to the component, and some planning would be needed as we are in the middle of a big sales cycle.

Regards,
Donal

More
5 years 10 months ago #113169 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi

I can only send you the updated version of the component which has these options implemented

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc