Ticket type waiting list

• jkosick
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
5 years 11 months ago #113055 by jkosick
Ticket type waiting list was created by jkosick
Can the ticket type waiting list be modified so that each ticket type has it's own waiting list? Currently it seems the wait list only works if all the tickets sell out first. We always have one ticket type that sells out right away and one that is hard to sell. We use the tickets for specific people, Obviously if we have a male and female ticket type the wait list wouldn't be good for both. And if one fills up they are not going to come back to the website to see of the other side has filled up so they can add them self to the wait list. They will want to add them self when they come to the site so they can be first inline on the wait list in case we have cancellations. I know this is a difficult feature, but it doesn't really make sense with the way it is now. I considered making it into different events but people became confused as to which event they were supposed to register for and we got flooded with calls and emails, and we also had registrations that were wrong due to that setup that caused some issues. Thanks for all the hard work so far!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #113057 by Donal
Replied by Donal on topic Ticket type waiting list
I really need this too. Pervious discussion and requirements here...
www.joomdonation.com/forum/events-bookin...st.html?limitstart=0

• jkosick
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
5 years 7 months ago #117163 by jkosick
Replied by jkosick on topic Ticket type waiting list
Is there any planned progress on this? It would make life a lot easier with a waiting list for ticket types.

More
5 years 7 months ago #117167 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Ticket type waiting list
Sorry but I don't have plan for this feature yet. It's quite hard to implement this feature, suppose someone register for one event and choose 2 ticket types:

- One is available
- One is full

In this case, I don't know how system should handle it (payment calculation for both ticket types, payment processing for one ticket type which is available....)

• jkosick
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
5 years 7 months ago #117173 by jkosick
I think that each ticket should have it's own wait list that is created when you create the ticket type. If one is available then you can buy that one, and if another is not, then you go on the wait list for that ticket. So in this case you only have to calculate the available ticket. It wouldn't make sense to charge someone for a ticket to be on the wait list so it would be free to be on the list.

I guess if you did charge someone to be on the wait list then you would have a preset fee that could be charged for that ticket, just as when you set the ticket type price. If the ticket is available then it would charge the full price set. If is not available then it would charge the waitlist fee. But I dont see many people doing that. So I would be grateful if it work as detailed in the first paragraph. I only allow one registrant per ticket per order. So in my case it would be simpler. Each ticket would be treated like it is a separate event, but still be in the same event. If that makes sense.

If needed and it would help, I can mock up some screen shots that would illustrate how it would work.

Thanks for your consideration Tuan.

More
5 years 7 months ago #117178 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Ticket type waiting list
That unfortunately, not how Ticket Types feature is designed to work.When you use ticket types feature, customers can choose and book for multiple ticket types per booking, not limit to one ticket type as you described

For this, I guess customize the extension would be needed. I could not find an easy way to handle both normal booking and waiting list booking within one registration (quite complicated to handle)

Tuan

More
5 years 7 months ago #117226 by Donal
Replied by Donal on topic Ticket type waiting list
Hi Tuan,

for me, waiting list per ticket type is vital if I were to use ticket types. I think others are the same, so it shouldn't be left to a customisation job.

I don't think you need to be able to do a transaction with both paid and waiting list, simply prevent somebody selecting both and display a message, like "I'm sorry but you cannot join a waiting list and register for a place in 1 transaction. Please complete the registration transaction, and then complete another transaction to join the waiting list"

Regards,
Donal

• jkosick
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
5 years 7 months ago #117399 by jkosick
I think it would be simple.

If you join an available seat then that gets calculated per normal ticket price and in the same transaction If the additional seat is not available, then you join the waitlist for free. No other calculation needed. I don't see why it would be different than selecting a paid seat and a free seat together. EB can do that now.

I think the only difference would be is that when seats are sold out and waitlist is available then the waitlist becomes free. Then once they are selected for from the waitlist they can then pay the fee. Paying the fee would be just like the deposit feature except instead of paying the deposit remainder they would pay the entire amount.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc