Frontend display of category name in event properties

• Christoph
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #114003 by Christoph

Tuan Pham Ngoc wrote: Hi Chris

Different views has different data (we just load the data needed for the view, not loading extra data when it's not needed for slowing down the page)

Tuan

In my Events Booking Installation the weekday category "Monday", "Tuesday", "Wednesday", "Thursday", "Friday" is Data needed throughout the EB application. The information on which weekday the event takes place is crucial and it is needed in almost all views, also in the Email Message (a category tag would be great!).
My case is not special if you think of your EB application used by schools, Kindergarden, day care, etc. who ever organizes recurring events based on a weekly timetable. Please think of it strategically, your EB application is near to offer a solution for these businesses as well. At the moment, it only work with lots of customization and tweaks.

I'm trying to figure out a way to get the category "weekday" global. It won't slow down the page.

If you could come up with an idea how to make that category data more accessible, that would be wonderful!

Thank you,
Chris
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by Christoph.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Christoph
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #114017 by Christoph
Another point for global category values:

Field validation wether a registration list value matches category value.

The school events are for specific grades. Registrants have to set the grade of their child from a list in registration form. Then this could be validated if event grade category == selected child grade.

Thank you,
Chris
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by Christoph.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc