Filter by category in Event Booking View in SP Page Builder

• John Joseph
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 11 months ago #113373 by John Joseph
I am trying to display the calendar in SP Page Builder. When I select Module and then select "Event Booking View" it gives me the calendar view that I want, but I can't figure out how to only display one category in the calendar. I know how to do it when I display a calendar with a menu option, but I want to use SP Page Builder, so I can embed the calendar in a larger page with more content.
Thanks,
John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• John Joseph
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #113377 by John Joseph
I see I would need a query string to limit the category. Where is the documentation on that?

Edit: I found a post from Tuan, which indicated I should create a hidden menu item and use this format for the query string:
layout=timeline&Itemid=548

That produces an error that says layout path not found. If I just use
Itemid=548
It doesn't error, but it also doesn't filter to the category I want to display.

Edit 2:
If I use:
Itemid=548
The calendar that is embedded in the SP Page Builder page will show all events (no filtering), but if I select another month, it will leave the SP Page Builder page and go to the filtered calendar referenced in the menu Itemid. So, it appears like the Event Booking - View module doesn't honor the filter in the menu itemid on the initial view, but will navigate to that menu item if you make another date selection (and it navigates away from the page). I would like it to show a view, filtered by category, of the current month, embedded on the page.

Edit 3:
I figured it out. Apparently it is case sensitive and id should not be capitalized, but Itemid needs to be.
This gave me the results I wanted:
Itemid=548&id=11
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by John Joseph.

More
5 years 11 months ago #113378 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Thanks John for sharing the final solution. I'm glad you figured it out

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc