Stripe Payment Changes (Stripe.js PCI Compliance Validation)

More
5 years 8 months ago #116700 by Petter
Too bad, especially when they blogged this back in 2015 : "We tested this feature with over 220,000 customers across different types of businesses and found that displaying a translated Checkout converts significantly better for many companies—in particular, where the rest of their website is translated. For those sites, revenue from non-English speakers increased by between 7 and 12 percent—a huge jump for one tiny checkout change."

It's only a matter of a few lines of text, I will contact them about this.

Rgds,

Petter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #116701 by Petter
Stripe support:
I think it is possible to change it; you will have to change a line in the checkout HTML:
It needs to be set to set `data-locale` to `no` and it'll be in Norwegian (currently set to data-locale="auto").

Any clue as to what file that needs editing?

Raises one question; will my English speaking customers see the Norwegian version?
Support confirmed this, so not the best solution...

Following up they provided this link: stripe.com/docs/checkout#supported-languages

Rgds,

Petter
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Petter. Reason: some more info added

More
5 years 8 months ago #116716 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Petter

Checked and see that it's supported. I will implement it and update you when it's done so that you can update to use this option. Just a note for myself, link to documentation is stripe.com/docs/stripe-js/reference#stripe-elements

Regards

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc