Reminder cron job?

• MynaParrot S.L (B67681619)
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 9 months ago #114015 by MynaParrot S.L (B67681619)
Reminder cron job? was created by MynaParrot S.L (B67681619)
Hi,

Just wondered if this extension require any cron job to run for reminder working? I haven't find any link to do so.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 9 months ago #114016 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Reminder cron job?
Hi

No, you don't have to setup cron job. Just enable reminder plugin, for more details, please see eventbookingdoc.joomservices.com/basic-setup/auto-reminder

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: MynaParrot S.L (B67681619)

More
5 years 8 months ago #115302 by Brandon Applegate
Replied by Brandon Applegate on topic Reminder cron job?
Hi,

I'm a bit of a Joomla/EB newbie. But I do have my dev site running and working the way I want. I do have reminders enabled (set on events, as well as the plugin enabled).

I'm curious though as to what the trigger is to run these ? I can't find anything in cron, and my understanding is that without other plugins - Joomla itself doesn't run any periodic tasks. Since there is no daemon or process running (other than the web server itself) - how do these reminders get sent ?

Is there a certain page that upon loading checks dates and executes the email send ? If so - what page is this ? If for some reason no one visited this page - the reminder might never run - yes ?

Thanks for any details on this.

PS: Love EB so far - it's doing exactly what I need.

More
5 years 8 months ago #115307 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Brandon

No cron job is needed. The system trigger and send reminder emails using a system plugin

So Yes, it needs someone to access to your site. You can go to Events Booking -> Configuration, look at Log Email Types config option, choose to log reminder emails so that you can monitor it (by accessing to Tools -> Email Logs)

If you worry that there is no one access to your site and there is no reminder email sent, you can ask your hosting provider, help setting up a cron job(run twice a day for example) which make a request go homepage of your site and it should be fine

Regards,

Tuan

More
5 years 8 months ago #115311 by Brandon Applegate
Replied by Brandon Applegate on topic Reminder cron job?
Hey thanks for the quick reply. So just accessing the main homepage of Joomla is enough to trigger it ? Or do I need to request something deeper in the site - i.e. something specific to EB (like the calendar or something) ?

And yes, I can whip up a curl request in cron to hit this once a day just in case.

More
5 years 8 months ago #115312 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Any page on your site is OK, so Yes, just use homepage

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc