How to: Menu item in front end for event registration?

• Boy Herre
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 9 months ago #115285 by Boy Herre
Hello, I configured from within dashboard and edited a location and one event; but I'm stuck – cannot fnd out how to link a menu item in order to offer event registration to registrants…

I read:
Upcoming events page displayes list of upcoming events which you setup in Events Booking on your site. From that page, users can see list of events, click on an event to see details information of that event or click on register buttons to register for the event they want. There are 4 menu options you can use to display upcoming events.

I read. that I can do things – but not how to do this How do I create this menu item, what links etc.? Please help!

Kind regards
Boy Herre, Germany
boy-herre@boy-herre,de

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 9 months ago #115287 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic How to: Menu item in front end for event registration?
Hi Boy

Honestly, this will require you to have some experience working with Joomla. If you don't know how to create menu item, maybe you can submit a support ticket sending us super admin account of your site so that I can check it for you

Regards,

Tuan

• Boy Herre
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 9 months ago #115301 by Boy Herre
Hi Tuan, thank you for your answer. I've been working with Joomla since years (since Version 1.5); The information I asked for would have been: "proceed as ususal, you will be opted when creating menu item".
This component works great! Thank you again!
Best regards, Boy

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 9 months ago #115308 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic How to: Menu item in front end for event registration?
Hi Boy

So just want to be sure, you have it works as expected now? Do you need assist from us?

Regards,

Tuan

• Boy Herre
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 9 months ago #115309 by Boy Herre
Hi Tuan, thank you – yes it works perfectly now.
Customer asks me whether there is any other possibilty to link to registration form directly than thru menu item. I answered: only possibilty is thru menu item. But is that true? Customer wants to link directly to registration form; I'm afraid customer doesn't fully understand the concept of this component… What do you think?
Best regards, Boy

• Boy Herre
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 9 months ago #115310 by Boy Herre
No further assistance needed so far, thanks a lot!
Regards, Boy

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 9 months ago #115313 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Boy

To answer your customer question, we need to know why he needs direct link?

If you are familiar with hidden menu item concept, you can create a hidden menu item to link to registration form of the event you want

Then use the link generated by that menu item as direct link. Usually, it has this format

domain.com/menu-item-alias or domain.com/index.php/menu-item-alias (depends on your site setting)

Of course domain.com must be replaced with the site domain

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Boy Herre

• Boy Herre
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 9 months ago #115319 by Boy Herre
Hi Tuan,
thank you so much for your great support; customer has begun to understand and accept the concept of this component. Hidden menu item is a good solution/answer to his question which we had found too in between. So the work with event booking can continue. I presume the change of AM/PM-time to 24h-standard can be made within configuration?
Best regards, Boy

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 9 months ago #115320 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Boy

Yes. Go to Events Booking -> Configuration, find the config option Event Date Format, change it to meet your need. See php.net/manual/en/function.date.php for list of supported parameters

Regards,

Tuan

• Boy Herre
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 9 months ago #115321 by Boy Herre
Hi Tuan,
great; thanks again!
Best regards, Boy

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc