Only create user account when registration status is Paid

• carlyweb
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 8 months ago #116487 by carlyweb
I noticed in this forum post ( www.joomdonation.com/forum/membership-pr...-pending.html#111788 ) a comment to "only create user accounts when membership active/approved" is "yes". Is there a similar feature in Events Booking?

We have a number of users who leave the site half way through the event registration process or payment process, so their registration record is set to Pending status, but they also are given a disabled core user account. This means when they come back later to try and register for an event again and attempt to create an account using the same email address, they can't complete the process.

How do I make it so that a user account is only created if an event registration has "Paid" status?

We are currently using the MIGS payment gateway, but will eventually be transitioning to Stripe.

Thanks!
Carly

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 8 months ago #116490 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello Carly

Unfortunately, at the moment, that option is not available in Events Booking. If users don't process payment, they should still receive email contains activation link (sent by Joomla core API), and click on that link to activate the account

After that, they can still login (although the registration for event is not completed)

Could you please check it again?

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: carlyweb

• carlyweb
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 8 months ago #116531 by carlyweb
Thanks Tuan. We don't have self-activation enabled, so the user accounts are sitting as disabled. I see now how we can rectify that by just enabling self-activation.

Thanks for getting back to me so fast! Your support is always so great!
Carly

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 8 months ago #116532 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Great. Thanks for your nice words and happy to hear that it's working OK now

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc