• Donal
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
5 years 6 months ago #118127 by Donal
Custom fields for backend only was created by Donal
Hi Tuan,

cancellations are part and parcel of the events that we run. I'd love if Event Booking provided the following: When I choose to cancel a registrant, I should be asked for a refund amount, and that amount is automatically refunded via my payment gateway (Stripe) and recorded in EB DB along with the date of cancellation. Do you have any plans for something like this?

In the absense of the above I need to record these details. Ideally, I'd like some fields to store relevant info related to cancellations, which are only visible in registrants and export of registrants spreadsheet. Is there a way to set up custom fields like this?

Regards,
Donal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #118128 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Custom fields for backend only
Hello Donal

1. No, we don't have plan for supporting it yet. Maybe in the future

2. For collect the details, I haven't tried but you can try to create some custom fields, set Access of these fields to Special so that it's not visible for registrants but only visible/editable for administrator

Regards,

Tuan

• Donal
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
5 years 6 months ago #118184 by Donal
Replied by Donal on topic Custom fields for backend only
Hi Tuan,

thanks. Your solution works well.

Regards,
Donal

More
5 years 6 months ago #118187 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Great. Happy to hear that :)

More
5 years 1 month ago #123267 by waisir
Replied by waisir on topic Custom fields for backend only
Thank you Donal for bringing this topic up as I also came across something similar where i need a custom field to make "as a record" which are for internal use only.

While this method works by setting the access level only for Super Users,
May I ask Tuan, how do we make this field displayed under the Registrants Listing as part of the columns? With the current method mentioned, the admin can only be able to view the custom field and its values if he clicks into the registrant details information.

How to display that custom field on the upper level? meaning ,the registrant listing level? Currently only showing:
First Name
Event
Email
#Registrants
Registration Date
Amount
Payment Method
Status
Invoice Number
ID

** The story behind. Reason why is, i implemented event booking for a training class website. Hence a field to record the status of the registrant (pass/fail/did not attend). The admin needs to update this in the system so that they can then export the list out.

Please advise. Thanks

More
5 years 1 month ago #123285 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello waisir

The only way is customizing the code. If a field is configured to be displayed for admin only by access level, it won't be displayed on registrants list

So you will have to customize the code to have it displayed. It should not be hard (just write some query to get data from #__eb_field_value table and show the data for that field in the layout)

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc