• Donal
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #118403 by Donal
Messages Problems was created by Donal
Hi,

I use the cart and collect group member info. Users can register for multiple events with 1 transaction. Parents register and are the billing info, children are the group members. I have added my event leaders email addresses into each event's Notification emails field.

1)
On new registrations, I'd like to send just a small subset of registration info, e.g. Child's Name, Class, Can we take photos along with the guardian's name and phone number.

All of these fields are provided as options to use on the Emails & Messages page, but for some reason, the child details (group member info) are all blank (I just see my comma seperators in the email).

If I register for multiple events, only 1 child's would be shown.

Can this be fixed? If not too easy, how can I edit the [REGISTRATION_DETAIL] tag, or ideally clone it and create a subset for event leaders emails only, i.e. send all details to the customer, but just a few to the admin.

2)
I don't want waiting list emails to be sent to the leaders, just the administrator. Is this possible?

3)
I administer the cancellations in the back end. I have put in some text for the Registration cancel notification Email, but no email is being sent when I cancel in the back end? Can the cancellation notification be sent even if the cancellation is in the back end?

4)
I'd like eb_events - notification_emails to be exportable and importable for easy automation? Is there a setting for this?

Thanks,
Donal
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Donal.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Donal
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
5 years 6 months ago #118494 by Donal
Replied by Donal on topic Messages Problems
Gentle bump.

More
5 years 6 months ago #118520 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Messages Problems
Hi Donal

Sorry, I missed your question. Below are my answers:

1. You cannot use these tags in email messages. The reason is because when you collect members information, there would be multiple members, so if you use one tag, data from what members will be shown? So this is something won't work. You will have to edit code in the file components/com_eventbooking/themes/default/emailtemplates/email_cart.php to show the information you want

2. I'm afraid of it's not possible. You will have to customize code, too. Method sendWaitinglistEmail in components/com_eventbooking/helper/mail.php

3. Send to who? At the moment, when admin change registrant status to cancelled, email will be sent to registrant. We don't send email to admin

4. No setting yet. But that's something can be easily supported in next release

Tuan

• Donal
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
5 years 6 months ago #118582 by Donal
Replied by Donal on topic Messages Problems
Thanks Tuan.

I think 1, 2 and 4 are clear

3) Its hard to know who gets these emails...
a) Registration cancel confirmation email
b) Registration cancel notification Email
c) User Registration Cancelled Email

I would have thought b) would have been to admin?

More
5 years 6 months ago #118585 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Messages Problems
Hi Donal

a=> That's the email sent to registrant when he cancel his registration from frontend of your site

b=> That's the email sent to administrator when registrant cancel his registration from frontend of your site

c=> That's the email sent to registrant when admin cancel his registration from administrator area of your site

Hope it answers your questions

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc