How to make "read only" the fields in the event registration form

• Alexandra Pooley
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #119849 by Alexandra Pooley
Hello,

We are implementing event booking to allow registered users to book an event. Since the user needs to be already logged into the website to book an event, we just want to display their user data in the event registration form (read only) and do not allow them to modify their data. In any case if they want to change their name, email or phone, they should do it in the user profile information and not through the event registration form. So, my question is how to make "read only" the fields included in the event registration form?

Attached please find an example of our screen:

We would like to make the fields: First Name, Last Name, Phone, and Email as "read only". Any ideas or suggestions?

Thank you!
Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by Alexandra Pooley.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Alexandra Pooley
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago #119851 by Alexandra Pooley
I found it in the documentation! No need for help, thank you!

("Extra" parameter in "Display Settings" in Components => Events Booking => Custom Fields )

More
5 years 4 months ago #119853 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Yes, could be the solution. The only problem is that setting the field to readonly also making it not possible to edit the registration records data for these fields when you access to registration record from backend

However, I think in your case, editing data in the registration records is not needed, so the solution you are using is fine

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc