Can I use formulas in Custom Fields to display subtotals ?

• ADaniel
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago #120138 by ADaniel
I know I can place formulas in Custom Fee Fields, and the results of those formulas will add into the total registration fee amount.
However, I would like to display a subtotal on my form after a certain block of Custom Fee Fields. For instance, we have an event that asks a block of questions (each question is a custom fee field) about Meal preference, another block about Exhibit fees, another about Campground fees. Those Custom Fee Fields all total just fine into the overall registration amount, but I would like to show the registrant the subtotal of each block of related Custom Fee Fields. So, a subtotal of the cost of all Meal selections, a subtotal of all Exhibit Fees, etc.

If I could use formulas within my "Default Value" section of a simple Text field (or number field), I could create read only fields that will display that subtotal. Formulas don't seem to work in Default Value, however. Any other way of making subtotals appear ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #120144 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello

No, it's not possible. As you figured out, formula is only used to calculate fee added to total registration price. It could not be configured to display sub-total like you described

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc