EB Reminder emails - Hours rather than Days...

• Mike
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
5 years 3 months ago #120227 by Mike
Hi folks,
Using EB 3.8.3..... Great component, and working fantastically well!!!
Two little queries though.....
ONE: Is it possible to use the reminder facility to send a reminder AFTER the event, using Hours rather than Days? (I know I can send reminders X days after the event)

The reason for this is........ I want to send a 'Thank You For Attending' message. I can (and do), use the Cron job facility to send reminders (both before and after), but in the case of the 'Thank You' message, I would like to send it automatically, ONE hour after the event.
Currently, if I had an event say, at 3:00 PM on day 14, then the reminder would not go out until at least 3:00 pm on day 15, 24 hours after the event....
it would be great if the attendees had the email ASAP.
This is NOT a big one for me, and if it cant be done easily, then there is no problem... its just a nice to have.

TWO: Can I set up a single reminder email for ALL events, rather than write it in every event at creation?
I know this is easily overcome by just copy / paste when the even is being created... but is there a better way?

thanks,
Mike

.....and society inscribe on its banners...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Annamarie Hessman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #120230 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic EB Reminder emails - Hours rather than Days...
Hello Mike

1. At the moment, we don't support sending reminder in hours, so it's not possible. I will think more about it and might be able to support it in the future

2. You actually don't need to setup reminder email messages for each event. If you don't setup Messages for each event, the generate messages in Events Booking -> Emails & Messages will be used. It's true for all other messages in Events Booking.

Please let me know if you have other questions

Regards,

Tuan

More
5 years 3 months ago #120687 by Toolie
I too would like to see an option for same-day reminders a few hours before the event. Am I reading the documentation correctly that if the reminder is set to zero (0) days before the event, a reminder goes out the same day as the event?

Toolie

More
5 years 3 months ago #120688 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic EB Reminder emails - Hours rather than Days...
Hi Toolie

Unfortunately, no. If you set it to 0, reminder will just be disabled

I will see if I can support sending reminder emails in hour and support it in next release

But it will take sometime to implement. Might take us about 2 weeks or so as we are working on some other improvements as well

Regards,

Tuan

More
5 years 3 months ago #120689 by Toolie
Thank you Tuan, we'll take that improvement whenever you can get to it.

More
5 years 3 months ago #120690 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
OK Toolie. I will update you when it's implemented so that you can use it

Regards,

Tuan

More
3 years 5 months ago #138629 by OTWD
Hi Tuan,
Was this feature ever added?

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

More
3 years 5 months ago #138640 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello

This feature is not available in the extension yet

Tuan

More
3 years 5 months ago #138654 by Toolie
Tuan, I seriously think that you have lost sales because you have not yet implemented this feature.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Annamarie Hessman

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc