Payment reminder for deposit balance and restrict deposit based on custom field

• Donna Torr
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 months ago #121388 by Donna Torr
Hi Guys,

I have a couple of queries:

1) Is there a way to send out payment reminders on a specific date for an event. I.e. If someone registers for an event and pays a deposit, the remainder of the payment is required by a specific date i.e. 1st March 2019 - Can we send out reminder emails leading up to this date?

2) I have options to block book an event or select specific dates (via a custom field). I only want the deposit field to be available if they choose the block booking option in the custom field.

I think the easiest thing to do would be to hide the deposit option if the gross amount is less than a specified amount i.e. 160 however, i would prefer to be able to base whether it shows depending on the option chosen in the custom field.

The custom field name is SessionType and the values are:
All Sessions
Choose Specific Sessions

So if the user selects the option 'All Sessions' then they can make a deposit otherwise full payment is required.

I was trying to find the source file for the deposit function in the registration form but have not been able to, could you please advise how I can implement a workaround for the above and also which file i can edit if a hack is require?

Regards
Donna

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #121400 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello Donna

1. You can check the plugin Events Booking - Payment Reminder, it has a parameter called Number Days. If you enter a number there (X), the system will send deposit payment reminder X days before the event started. Base on that, hopefully you can configure the system to have it works as you want

2. I don't think you can control it via PHP code as this depends on the payment amount users have to pay. You would have to modify javascript code (in the ajax request). Try to look at the file media/com_eventbooking/assets/js/paymentmethods.js, method calculateIndividualRegistrationFee and do the modification (you would need good javascript programming skill to do that(the payment amount which user has to pay can be get from msg.amount in the code)

Tuan

• Donna Torr
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 months ago #121446 by Donna Torr
Hi Tuan,

With the reminder plugin, is it possible to use minus numbers in the plugin?

The event sessions start on the 29th January and the final payment is due on the 1st of March, so ideally we would like the reminders to be sent out on the 22nd of Feb so "-24" should send the reminders out a week before.

Also, is it possible to send out a staggered reminder to those who haven't paid say 3 days before 1st of March?

Regards
Donna

More
5 years 3 months ago #121490 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello Donna

Unfortunately, it's not possible. The system expect users to make payment before event started, not after, so negative value in that parameter is not support

Tuan

• Donna Torr
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 months ago #121702 by Donna Torr
Thanks Tuan,

Could you advise where the code is controlling this plugin so I can see if it would be possible to modify it to do as I wish? I'm guessing there is some sort of validation of the input going on? Is that correct?

Regards
Donna

More
5 years 2 months ago #121704 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Donna

You can try to look at plugins/system/ebdepositreminder/ebdepositreminder.php and try to modify code to meet your need

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc