Early Bird & Group Rates don't work on Custom Fields with fees

• Lon Czarnecki
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 months ago #121531 by Lon Czarnecki
I'm working on a summer school program for kids. When parents register their kids, they choose how many days in a given week and then choose which days. This then has 11 weeks to choose from. Each day is $60 per child. I need an early bird discount and a multi-child discount. However, I had to put prices in the custom fields of the weeks in order to tally their fees. The early bird discount and the Group Registration discount only work if the main event has a fee. My main event fee is 0 because the total is determined by how many days of the summer they choose.

How can I add these two discounts when my prices are in custom fields?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #121550 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
I think I will have to check your setup to understand it better before giving you the answer. Could you please submit a support ticket sending us:

1. Super admin account

2. Link to this group registration page

I will check your setup, then answer you further. The fee calculation in the extension has become too complicated because it's supporting multiple options, so it's not easy to understand how you want it to work without checking your setup

Tuan

• Lon Czarnecki
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 months ago #121578 by Lon Czarnecki
Ticket Opened..

Thank you Tuan.

• Lon Czarnecki
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago #121720 by Lon Czarnecki
Tuan, Did you ever get the ticket? I can't find it in my support ticket section.

More
5 years 1 month ago #121721 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello Lon

No, I didn't. I guess you will have to submit it again

Tuan

• Lon Czarnecki
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago #121765 by Lon Czarnecki
Dang. Ok, just submitted it again.
Thanks

More
5 years 1 month ago #121772 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Lon

I replied you via support ticket. Please check the support ticket to see the solution

Regards,

Tuan

• Lon Czarnecki
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago #121842 by Lon Czarnecki
Wonderful! The price updates now!

So now I see the discount for early bird in the price. What is the best way to add a discount for registering more than one person? I tried to add it in the Group Registration on the event page, but that only adds cost. I can't use it for a discount because the basic price in the event page is $0. The prices are in the Custom Fields.

How can I add an additional discount for registering more that one person?

More
5 years 1 month ago #121858 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Lon

Unfortunately, we don't have a way to allow that at the moment. For each event, we have group registration rates which can be used use to give discount when user register for more members (basically, the rate should be lower in case user register for more members)

However, in your case, the price of event is 0, so I don't think we have a way to handle this

Tuan

• Lon Czarnecki
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago #121959 by Lon Czarnecki
Thanks Tuan,

Is there a better way to organize something like this? Last year we tried to run this program but it got too complicated so we ditched it. We want to try it again for this summer.

Basically we just need to allow people to pick which days they want over an 11 week span. They need to be able to register more than one child for the same days or different days. And Finally we need to offer an early bird discount and a multiple child discount. Any suggestions?

Thank you for your help with this challenge.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc