Unpublish Registrants in Backend is not possible

• Daniel
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 weeks ago #122990 by Daniel
Hi there,

We only have free events in our system.
I trie to find a way to cancel an event. Afterwards registrants should be informed about it.

If I unpublish the event in "Events" view no info mail is send to the registrants.
So I tried to unpublish all registrants from an event. I get the message "5 items successfully unpublished" but the records are still published.

Is there a trick to cancel an event and sending infomails to registrants?

I did not find anything in the documentation about it.

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #123005 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Unpublish Registrants in Backend is not possible
Hello Daniel

You need to edit each registration record, change Registration Status to Cancelled. At that time, the system will send registration cancelled emails to registrants

The downside is each time you can only change status of one record.

So maybe to do that quicker:

- Go to Events Booking -> Mass Mail, send Mass Mail to all registrants of that event to tell them that registration was cancelled
- Then deleted all registrants of that event if needed

I will consider adding Cancel Registration button to allow cancelling multiple registrations in the future

Tuan

• Daniel
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 weeks ago #123022 by Daniel
Hi Tuan,

first of all, thank you so much for your fast reaction. Originally we used Matukio. There we had to wait more than two weeks for an answer.

I understand that a lot of users are working with paid events, and this makes it diffucult.

My customer use it for a gym where people can book a place and pay directly or have a memebership.
Maybe you can make a cancelling plugin in the future for free events only, like you did with "Move Registrants Plugin".

Until then we can live with your workaround.

Daniel

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #123028 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Unpublish Registrants in Backend is not possible
Hi Daniel

The simplest solution would be a button which allow cancelling multiple registrations at once (or even allow cancelling an event)

I will implement support for it in near future

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Daniel

• Daniel
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 weeks ago #123063 by Daniel
That's great Tuan. Thank you. I am looking forward.

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #123073 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
OK Daniel. Will update you when it's implemented so that you can update and use it

Tuan

• StreetSportService
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
5 years 2 weeks ago #123088 by StreetSportService
Replied by StreetSportService on topic Unpublish Registrants in Backend is not possible
Hi Tuan (and Daniel)
This sounds like an important feature.

Together with a cancel event/multible registrants feature, It would be really great with the addition of a cancelation automessage and template, for the message that is sent to registrants of an event the gets cancelled. This way it would be possible to include a message on refund procedure for paid events etc.

Thanks again for amazing support.

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #123096 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Step by step we can get the system improved. For now, we will support cancelling multiple registrations first :)

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: StreetSportService

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #123116 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello

I just updated download package on server with this feature. You can download latest version of Events Booking, update it to your site

Then when you access to Registrants Management page from backend, you will see a button called Cancel Registrations to allow cancelling registration of multiple registrants

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: StreetSportService

• Daniel
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 weeks ago #123141 by Daniel
Hu Tuan,

that's fantastic. I downloaded the package again and installed it. I can not see this button. Is there a plugin I have to enable?

Regards,

Daniel

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc