Import a list exported from Event booking

• Emily Bennett
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago #123293 by Emily Bennett
Import a list exported from Event booking was created by Emily Bennett
I have the unfortunate problem of needing to restore a site backup from 5 days ago. Its not a problem with event booking.

Those who have registered since the failure i can export registrants from event booking.

My question - how can I import the data back into the plugin once I issue the restore command to restore my website from 5 days ago.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Emily Bennett
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago #123294 by Emily Bennett
Replied by Emily Bennett on topic Import a list exported from Event booking
i'm trying to find the directons on how to import and configure the import template. . . . when i choose import template, it opens a file location window, rather than telling me what to do.

More
5 years 1 month ago #123299 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Import a list exported from Event booking
Hello

Import template will generate a template file with the format expected by the system for the import to work

So open that file, prepare your registrants data follow that format and then import it into the system

Just remember that for importing new registrants, you need to remove the id column from importing file. That id column is only needed if you want to update existing registrants data

For more information, please see our documentation eventbookingdoc.joomservices.com/registr...t/import-registrants

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Emily Bennett

• Emily Bennett
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 weeks ago #123654 by Emily Bennett
Replied by Emily Bennett on topic Import a list exported from Event booking
I'm reading your directions on exporting events and registrants from copy a so I can import them to copy b. Copy a is historical data only on one domain.

On this page: eventbookingdoc.joomservices.com/basic-s...events/export-events

This bullet point makes no sense to me:
"If you only want to export registrants from one event, select that event from Events filter dropdown"

When I look at the diagram on that page, the events filter dropdown that has the arrow only gives me the option of hide past events, display all, hide children."

I want to move the registrants as well as the event, so I'm trying to figure out how to do that and this direction confuses me. I have exported events, but can't figure out how to export the people connected to the events.

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #123658 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Import a list exported from Event booking
Hello

If you want to move the data from one site to another site, better export and import the database tables related to Events Booking. See eventbookingdoc.joomservices.com/getting...e-site-to-a-new-site

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc