Field Assignment not working just on one custom field

• Melissa
  • Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
2 weeks 6 days ago #124026 by Melissa
I created an event which isn't actually an event but rather an item that people can buy. It's all working fine, except the very first custom field I ever made refuses to let me use the Field Assignment of "All Events Except Those Selected." I thought it was the particular 'event' but it just won't accept anything. It says it saves, but it's just reverting to the original "All Events."

What I'm doing:
- edit custom field first_name
- under 'field assignment' choose 'all except selected events'
- choose literally any event
- click save

It reverts back to field assignment 'all events'

I have tried this in Chrome on mobile, Chrome on desktop and IE on desktop; it doesn't appear to be a browser issue. I have also changed a number of other custom fields to exclude this or other events and all were successful.
I have tried unpublishing it: it won't unpublish. I have tried deleting it: it wouldn't delete (which in hindsight is a good thing).

Any ideas on this?
I would send a support ticket but my website has IP restrictions and it's not easy to let you in: I will if there's no other option.

Thanks,
Melissa
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 6 days ago #124034 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Field Assignment not working just on one custom field
Hi Melissa

It's how the extension is designed to work. The first_name (and email field) are two special fields and need to be enabled for all events. That's why you cannot change it

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc