Frontend input field creation in "Submit location"

More
4 years 11 months ago #124196 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Frontend input field creation in "Submit location"
If you don't want to register and use a Google Map API Key, maybe go to Events Booking -> Configuration, change Map Provider config option to OpenStreetMap?

OpenStreetMap does not look nice as Google Map but should provide basic feature you need

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #124200 by Richard Chick
Replied by Richard Chick on topic Frontend input field creation in "Submit location"
Tuan, I did that as soon as I saw the option was available.
I may not understand as I am still rather new to Joomla development but it seems that I cannot create a front-side event submission form which will appear "clean" to users. There are many elements in the simple form that I do not need and their presence will "turn off" my users. I there no way to simplify beyond the simple form? I guess I thought components were more customizable. I would for example prefer to remove all financial information in event registration.

More
4 years 11 months ago #124204 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Frontend input field creation in "Submit location"
Hi Richard

1. When create menu item to link to submit event form, please choose Submit Event - Simple Layout menu option of Events Booking. That will give you much simpler form

2. Then if you still want to remove more fields, go to Events Booking -> Configuration, look at Submit Event Form Fields, choose to hide the fields you don't want to be shown

Please do that and let me know if you have more questions

Regards,

Tuan

• Viktoras
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 11 months ago #124272 by Viktoras
Sorry for slow response - works perfectly. Thank you.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc