Custom Field on Child Events (additional dates)

• Adrian Fall
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago #124859 by Adrian Fall
Custom Field on Child Events was created by Adrian Fall
Hi,

I use the Event Booking Component and have multiple additional dates (child events) for each event.

If I set a selected Custom Field for the parent event it is not automatically set for child events. If I click on the child event there is no option to set custom fields.

If I go in the custom field settings I can assign individual events to the field but where I have mutliple events with a large numder of additional dates its not a very user friendly way to administer things. I imagine that most people will want a custom field assigned to a parent event applied to susequent child events. Is it possible the component could be updated to allow this?

Thanks as always.

Adrian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 10 months ago #124872 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Custom Field on Child Events
Hi Adrian

I will review this sometime next week and if this is valid, I will implement it in next release of the extension

Regards,

Tuan

More
4 years 9 months ago #125540 by Steve7
Hi, I have exactly the same issue : event custom field values are not replicated to additional dates.
Do you have a date for this to be implemented ?

Thanks

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 9 months ago #125547 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Custom Field on Child Events (additional dates)
Sorry. I forgot to work on it. Will work on it soon and update you as soon as it's implemented

Tuan

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 9 months ago #125548 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Custom Field on Child Events (additional dates)
A quick solution would be go to Events Booking -> Configuration, set Assign Custom Fields to category instead of to events to Yes

Now, when you add/edit a custom field, you can assign it to the category you want and events from that category will have same set of custom fields

That might make it simpler to setup and address your issue

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc