• ozwest
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
4 years 11 months ago #124970 by ozwest
JSitemap with Eventbooking was created by ozwest
Hello Tuan

I am using JSitemap since a very long time, love it. Now I have used the "Wizard Data sources" to add Eventbooking.

All looks great except one thing. The description is always reflecting the Site Meta Description not the description of the event.

How could I use the description of the event and cut the length of the description to 256 chars?

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #124971 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic JSitemap with Eventbooking
Hello

I think it's handled by JSitemap, not Events Booking. So better, contact JSitemap developer and ask them about it

Or Maybe you should edit the event, enter the description you want into Meta description setting of the event to see whether it works?

Tuan

• ozwest
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
4 years 10 months ago #125119 by ozwest
Replied by ozwest on topic JSitemap with Eventbooking
Hello Tuan

JSitemap developer has directed me to you regarding this. I see your idea of using the meta description field.

I am using the Simple Form for people to submit their events. Is there a way how I could automatically save a certain amount of characters of the description the user puts into this form in the description field to the meta description when the user saves / submits the form?

Thank you

More
4 years 10 months ago #125125 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic JSitemap with Eventbooking
Hi

Unfortunately, it's not supported. Maybe the easiest way would be adding the field to allow users to enter meta description when submit event from frontend of your site. That's the easiest way

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc