Custom field Date of Birth coming through blank

• Chris Jarvis
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
4 years 11 months ago #125143 by Chris Jarvis
Hello
We use DOB as a custom field for Event Registration. I have set this field to be required but recently we have noticed that some registrations are coming through with this field empty. We have had 4 examples last week.

I have noticed on the registration form that if you I don't put anything in at all, a red flag appears saying 'This Field Is Required'.

If I type a date in manually the red flag doesn't appear but I am wondering if the format of the date isn't correct then the date doesn't go through to the Registrants record as a proper date. You can even type words in there like 'Test' and the flag doesn't appear.

Am I missing something on my configuration that I need to do to set this field as a Date Field and a certain format maybe?

I have attached a screenshot of my custom field setup and hoping someone else might spot what i cannot

Thanks as always

Chris
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Chris Jarvis
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
4 years 11 months ago #125144 by Chris Jarvis
Replied by Chris Jarvis on topic Custom field Date of Birth coming through blank
Hi again.

I think I have just fixed this. I notice a field at the bottom of my custom field setup that said Validation and was set to 'None'

I have just changed this to 'Past Date' and it seems to fix my problem and work great hopefully.

I have added another image to show what I did to fix it in case it helps anyone else.

Although it is so obvious now i have seen it that maybe I am only the one daft enough not to see this originally

Don't need to answer that last part thanks :whistle:

Chris
Attachments:

More
4 years 11 months ago #125149 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Custom field Date of Birth coming through blank
Hi Chris

I must be honest that setting it to Past Date validation is not really right (users cannot choose a past date in this case)

Maybe you can set Validation Rules of the field to validate[required,custom[date]] and check to see whether it works? If It works, then I think it's better

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris Jarvis

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc