Issues with "ADDITIONAL DATES" tab on Add/Edit Event form

• Richard Chick
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago #125864 by Richard Chick
I am finding a couple of issues with the ADDITIONAL DATES tab which, although they don't prevent using the feature, they do make for a more cluttered and confusing display.
1. ) Some information which has been omitted from the BASIC INFORMATION by settings in the Dashboard Configuration are still offered to the submitter in the ADDITIONAL DATES form. In my case I had deleted Registration and Registration Cutoff inputs but they still appear as entry text. Yes I can ignore these but having them follow the Dashboard Configuration preferences would make for a much cleaner and less confusing for for the naive user.
2. ) It would be much better for the add/delete/move selector buttons to be in a horizontal format. As it is these buttons force extra linefeeds which unnecessarily consume screen space and make it a bit harder for someone submitting many dates.
I'm attaching a couple of screen shots which illustrate the problem. I'm finding in general that the JSN Meetup template consumes a lot of screen real estate to the point where I'm wondering if it is the best choice for a data-intensive site.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #125872 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello Richard

1. At the moment, the settings only affect fields on the main submit event form. For the fields on additional date plugin, it does not have any affect yet. I will try to support it in the next release

2. The buttons, unfortunately, generated by Joomla core repeatable form field, so I am afraid of we could not modify it's layout. For now, I think you will have to leave it as how it's

Regards,

Tuan

More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #125879 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello

I spent sometime to work on it today and come up with the solution. Please get this updated plugin, update it to your site

After that, the fields which you configured to be hided on frontend submit event form will be hided from additional date plugin, too

Regards,

Tuan
Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Tuan Pham Ngoc.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc