PSD2 Support

• daniel white
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago #125888 by daniel white
PSD2 Support was created by daniel white
Hi,

We are using the paypal-pro payment plugin for event booking, and we have been contacted about by paypal about the new PSD2 security requirements. I have been trying to read up on this and haven't been able to gather to much information as to where and how we need to change the checkout process. Is there a new update that I will need to install for the event booking paypal pro plugin to accommodate this? Or do we just nbeed to enter new API details into the plugin?
If you have any other info you can share about this it will be of great help.

Thanks,

Dan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #125905 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic PSD2 Support
Hi Dan

Maybe you can ask them for documentation about what need to be changed to meet their requirement and let me know their answer?

First time I hear about PSD2 requirement, so we don't know about it yet. For now, you can continue using the plugin as how it's

Tuan

• daniel white
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago #125912 by daniel white
Replied by daniel white on topic PSD2 Support
Hi Tuan,

Thanks for getting back to me, I only really heard about this yesterday too, so I am still pretty much in the dark. We received an email from paypal that stated this:

"As a business accepting card payments, your online checkout will need to be upgraded to comply with PSD2, a new European Union directive that requires Strong Customer Authentication (SCA). The directive applies from 14 September 2019, but card issuers are working towards SCA by July so that their systems are fully operational by the deadline.

What you need to do?
Because you’re using a PayPal Pro solution to accept card payments on your website, you need to update your online checkout to meet card issuers’ PSD2 obligations. We strongly recommend you integrate, test and launch your new authentication processes as soon as possible. Missing the deadline could lead to declined payments.

But don’t worry we’ve got your back.
We have partnered with CardinalCommerce to provide you with a FREE authentication merchant plug-in (MPI). This MPI will activate 3D-Secure (3DS) which is an authentication service performing SCA."

They also sent a link to this page:

www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/psd2

However I don't see where to download or how to implement the plugin they are talking about. I have searched for Joomla related plugins and it doesn't seem available. I also had another search on a joomla forum and found this post:

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/255-developer-...ypal-by-1-april-2019

I am still a bit lost on the whole process and how much this needs to be implemented on the Joomla side, but I would be interested to see what you think about this.

Thanks,

Dan.

More
4 years 10 months ago #125937 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Dan

If it's a requirement, I would have to work on it. This link is wrong www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/psd2 , could you please get correct link?

Tuan

• daniel white
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago #125944 by daniel white
Hi Tuan,

That link is the one I received, can you not access the webpage through it, as I can get to it through the link, or is something else wrong with it.

Thanks,

Dan.

More
4 years 10 months ago #125950 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Dan

I received 404 error while accessing to the link. See the attached screeenshot

Tuan
Attachments:

• daniel white
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago #125957 by daniel white
Hi Tuan,

I just realised there is a uk specific direct in the link, which is probably the reason you cannot access it, I did try placing different country abbreviations in the link to see if it worked, but with not much success. I don't know if this means that PSD2 is only a UK specific rule they are bringing in.

I have taken screen shots of the page for you to see and have attached them here.

Thanks,

Dan.
Attachments:

• daniel white
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago #125958 by daniel white
Sorry,

Doesnt look like the first two images sent. Attached.
Attachments:

More
4 years 10 months ago #125959 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello

That's not useful. I guess you will need to contact them, ask them for a PDF documentation explain the change we need to do and send it to us

Seems it's a new standard for credit card payment. Stripes also requires similar change, so we will have to prepare for it and make it ready in September

Regards,

Tuan

• daniel white
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago #125961 by daniel white
O.K, leave it with me and I will see what I can do.

Thanks,

Dan.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc