PSD2 Support

More
4 years 10 months ago #125962 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic PSD2 Support
OK. Thanks Dan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• daniel white
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago #126369 by daniel white
Replied by daniel white on topic PSD2 Support
Hi Tuan,

I contacted the technical team at paypal and this is what they replied:

"In case you will be using a standard PayPal product like ExpressCheckout, Standard HTML buttons, REST API, Hosted PayPal PRO etc.. then you will not need to do anything as the PSD2 authentication will be developed on our side as the checkout happens on a PayPal hosted page. If you are using a specific product for the checkout then it might be necessary to develop a code or use a plugin which uses the PSD2 required authentication.
Can you tell me exactly which product you are using for the PayPal checkout?"

As I am unaware of how the payment goes through exactly, ie if it pings straight to paypal and does checks their side or if any checks go through event booking then I thought you might be able to answer their question.

Thanks,

Dan.

More
4 years 9 months ago #126370 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Dan

We are using Website Payment Pro. Credit card information is entered directly on your site and then be passed to payment gateway for processing payment

Regards,

Tuan

• daniel white
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago #126371 by daniel white
Hi Tuan,

Do you see that as nothing is needed to be done your end and that the PSD2 authentication will be done on Paypals side when it passed to their gateway?

Thanks,

Dan.

More
4 years 9 months ago #126372 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Honestly, at this time, I am unsure. Since we are using PayPal Pro, I think it might be related

If you are using standard os_paypal payment plugin comes with the extension by default, PayPal is handled on PayPal website and we should not have to worry about it

Tuan

• daniel white
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago #126373 by daniel white
I am curently using both the standard os_paypal payment plugin and the os_paypal_pro payment plugin, does this mean with the paypal pro plugin that something may need to be devloped and I will need to get some more technical information off them for you, is so is there any information I can pass there way as to how you have adapted the plugin to make it work with paypal pro.

Thanks,

Dan.

• daniel white
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago #126762 by daniel white
Hi Tuan,

I just wanted to see if you have been able to get any more answers about the above, or if there is anything you need me to ask paypal to be able to get the plugin working with the new standards.

Thanks,

Dan.

• daniel white
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 8 months ago #127090 by daniel white
Hi Tuan,

I just had a quick question with regards to paypal plugin, I was wondering if there had been a plugin created for Paypal hosted solution, of if this something you had planned to integrate in the future. As I have been contacting paypal about the PSD2 integration and there doesn't seem to be many ways around integrating it other than doing a lot of coding or to use a different payment merchant, which we were hoping not to do.

This is the only documentation I could find on the paypal hosted integration:
www.paypalobjects.com/webstatic/en_GB/de...ostedsolution_uk.pdf

Thanks,

Dan.

More
4 years 8 months ago #127092 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Dan

Honestly, I haven't looked at PayPal hosted solution documentation, so I don't know if I can implement it

As of right now, my highest priority would be making Stripe payment plugin compatible with SCA requirement, then I will try to look at PSD2 support for PayPal (I am still unsure what change is needed at the moment)

Tuan

• daniel white
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 8 months ago #127093 by daniel white
Hi Tuan,

That is understandable I didn't realise that there are similar issues occurring with stripe payment, it sounds like there are a lot of legislation changes that are happening that are causing a lot of issues, I will leave this with you and look out for any changes in the future, but I will keep searching my side too and will let you know if I have any breakthroughs.

Thanks,

Dan.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc