Mini calendar questions

• Michael Corleone
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago #125890 by Michael Corleone
Mini calendar questions was created by Michael Corleone
So, I added Mini calendar to my web page. I would like to choose categories to show in this calendar - actually would like to block one category from showing in this calendar. Is this possible to do? Currently I have active Top category.
Another problem is, once I press on a mini calendar, it opens bigger calendar that is showing just one category? Not sure why or where can I change this setting? I would prefer to show full calendar with chosen categories, as I have linked within menus.

Hope there is solution to my problems.

Thank you and BR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #125904 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Mini calendar questions
Hi Michael

There is no straight forward solution but I think we might have a workaround which you can try:

1. Create a hidden menu item to link to monthly calendar menu option of Events Booking. In that menu item, find the parameter Exclude Categories, choose the category you want to exclude from there. Remember ID of this menu item

2. Edit the mini calendar module, set Itemid parameter to the ID of the menu item above

Then check to see whether events from the exclude category stop being displayed on the module?

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Corleone

• Michael Corleone
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago #125988 by Michael Corleone
Replied by Michael Corleone on topic Mini calendar questions
Hi Tuan,

thank you, this solution work for me! I have one additional question tough. Before adding ID to module I already had link to calendar with one category omitted in my menu. If I press on mini calendar it opens full calendar, but design of calendar is slightly different as if I follow link from menu.
You can check it here:
If you click on small calendar on right side on home page:
ambicij.si/2019/

Link to calendar from a menu:
ambicij.si/2019/index.php/ambicij-akademija/celoten-koledar

What is the reason for this?

More
4 years 10 months ago #126007 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Currently, the link will just come to the standard calendar (it comes from history of Events Booking), not full calendar

I will see if I can make the link come to full calendar in the future and update this thread. For now, please use it as how it's

Regards,

Tuan

• Michael Corleone
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 8 months ago #127711 by Michael Corleone
Replied by Michael Corleone on topic Mini calendar questions
Recently we noticed that functionality of solution with MENU ID does not work anymore? Any change with update?
I have menu item with full calendar and one category left out:
ambicij.si/2019/index.php/ambicij-akademija/celoten-koledar

I put id of menu that connect to above link to mini calendar module.
But there are still events in a mini calendar that are within category that is ommited from full calendar.

Then I thought of "workaround" and made top category for all categories I want to show in a mini calendar. I put all categories in my new master category and choose it as source category. But in this case there are no results shown in a mini calendar. Same is true for full calendar.
So, I have 5 categories that are put into Master category and if I choose this category to show in calendar, there are no events. Altough there are events in those 5 subcategories.
Is this error or you want it to work this way?
Anyway I would be really grateful if you can help me out with this mini calendar issue, since we are preparing to go "live " with this page shortly.

Thank you and

BR.

More
4 years 8 months ago #127722 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello Michael

Could you please help submitting a support ticket sending us:

1. Super admin account of your site

2. Send us the link to the page which mini calendar is being displayed

3. Tell us what's wrong with data displayed in that mini calendar

We are going to check to see what's wrong and get it sorted

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc