Mailchimp plugin questions

• Delemo
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago #126624 by Delemo
Mailchimp plugin questions was created by Delemo
Hello,

I'm publishing this thread in General Discussion Category.
If anyone has an idea…

---

I'm having several troubles with Mailchimp plugin.
I did my tests with the 'Show subscribe to newsletters checkbox' enabled in the global configuration.

Here my troubles
- I have selected 'Double optin' option but I didn't receive any email asking to confirm Mailchimp subscription
- I have selected 'Add group members to newsletter' but the checkbox only appear for the billing member only (not for the other registrant) and the billing memeber was not added in the mailing list.

Could you please confim that there is no more parameter called 'Subscribe Newsletter Field' as explained in the documentation ( eventbookingdoc.joomservices.com/basic-s...sletters-integration )?

Thank you for your help.
Best regards
Simon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 9 months ago #126634 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Mailchimp plugin questions
Hello

- About Double optin setting, I will have to check it again. However, I remember it is something needs to be configured directly in Mailchimp.

- About Add group members to newsletter, when you enable that, the system will add both billing person and group members to mailing lists. There is not an option to allow choosing what group member will be added

- The option for Subscribe Newsletter Field was removed (since we introduced Show subscribe to newsletters checkbox config option). I will need to update documentation to remove it

Regards,

Tuan

• Delemo
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago #126638 by Delemo
Replied by Delemo on topic Mailchimp plugin questions
Hello Tuan,

Thank you for your reply.

I will adjust and check my configuration again.

Regards

More
4 years 9 months ago #126643 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Mailchimp plugin questions
OK Delemo. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask

Regards,

Tuan

More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #127885 by Dave B
Replied by Dave B on topic Mailchimp plugin questions
I found it by searching.

Is this documentation up to date? I need a custom field now?
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Dave B.

More
4 years 7 months ago #127886 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic Mailchimp plugin questions
@Dave B: I think the documentation is out of date. You used to need a custom field for this, but I beleive that setting [ Event Booking -> Configuration -> General tab -> Privacy Policy (GDPR) Settings -> "Show subscribe to newsletters checkbox" ] option is all you need to do now. Make sure to also publish & configure the plugin itself in [ Extensions -> Plugins -> Events Booking - Mailchimp plugin ] :)

James Riley .: EventBooking user since 2014 ::: JoomDonation user since 2016 :.
.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.

More
4 years 7 months ago #127887 by Dave B
I guess, the tooltip says something else that makes me wonder.

Show subscribe to newsletters checkbox = If set to Yes, Membership Pro will show a checkbox and users will only be subscribed to newsleter if checking on this checkbox

I am not using Membership Pro?

Did this work for you?

More
4 years 7 months ago #127888 by Dave B
I see the checkbox with it that setting set to yes. I do not have the plugin enabled so what will this do?

I also don't like it being in the payment area. Can this be moved up so it's not in that area?

More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #127889 by Dave B
So basically this is confusing in the fact that if you do not have the MailChimp settings in the event configured this checkbox still shows up.

I would suggest that the event settings trigger this field to show up not the global configuration settings. What if some events do not have a MailChimp list assigned. You still believe you are signing up for a mail list. Then it would make more sense.

Unless you can set a mailing list globally so all events just default to a list and the event settings could override that I don't really want this checkbox there if it does nothing at all.

Additionally, the checkbox should have an on or off state so you can decide if it should be checked by default.
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Dave B.

More
4 years 7 months ago #127890 by Dave B
My suggestion is to add this setting in the event unless a global mailing list can be set. Then you can set the mailing list settings in the MailChimp tab and turn on the checkbox on an event by event basis.

Attachments:

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc