I'm publishing this thread in General Discussion Category.
If anyone has an idea…
I'm having several troubles with Mailchimp plugin.
I did my tests with the 'Show subscribe to newsletters checkbox' enabled in the global configuration.
Here my troubles
- I have selected 'Double optin' option but I didn't receive any email asking to confirm Mailchimp subscription
- I have selected 'Add group members to newsletter' but the checkbox only appear for the billing member only (not for the other registrant) and the billing memeber was not added in the mailing list.
Could you please confim that there is no more parameter called 'Subscribe Newsletter Field' as explained in the documentation ( eventbookingdoc.joomservices.com/basic-s...sletters-integration )?
- About Double optin setting, I will have to check it again. However, I remember it is something needs to be configured directly in Mailchimp.
- About Add group members to newsletter, when you enable that, the system will add both billing person and group members to mailing lists. There is not an option to allow choosing what group member will be added
- The option for Subscribe Newsletter Field was removed (since we introduced Show subscribe to newsletters checkbox config option). I will need to update documentation to remove it
James Riley .: EventBooking user since 2014 ::: JoomDonation user since 2016 :.
.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.
So basically this is confusing in the fact that if you do not have the MailChimp settings in the event configured this checkbox still shows up.
I would suggest that the event settings trigger this field to show up not the global configuration settings. What if some events do not have a MailChimp list assigned. You still believe you are signing up for a mail list. Then it would make more sense.
Unless you can set a mailing list globally so all events just default to a list and the event settings could override that I don't really want this checkbox there if it does nothing at all.
Additionally, the checkbox should have an on or off state so you can decide if it should be checked by default.
My suggestion is to add this setting in the event unless a global mailing list can be set. Then you can set the mailing list settings in the MailChimp tab and turn on the checkbox on an event by event basis.