Mailchimp plugin questions

More
4 years 6 months ago #127900 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Mailchimp plugin questions
As of right now, it's a global setting and will affect all events. I'm unsure if adding setting to each event is needed, as it will result in too many settings for an event. For now, I will leave it as a global setting.

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #127907 by Dave B
Replied by Dave B on topic Mailchimp plugin questions
A global setting needs to work globally then, it does not the way you have it set up and it does not affect all events if you forget to set it in the event MailChimp tab in every event. I hope you understand how this seems to a webmaster. All your global setting does is turn on a checkbox that does nothing unless you set it in the event. So an event level setting is needed. Otherwise, what is the sense? All core Joomla settings that are global have another setting that can be overridden somewhere else.

I have to pick a list to add in each event or it does nothing. This is too many settings to remember for a user. Plus what if some events do not need a signup? It shows this checkbox anyway but does nothing but confuse the user thinking they are signing up for our list but are not? You have to go into the event and set it for every event, so how his not having this an event level setting not needed? You already forced us to do something in each event. Why have a checkbox that does nothing? Makes no sense.

If all the settings were in the event in the MailChimp tab it would make the most sense. Along with a global setting.

The only other way that is logical is to have a default MailChimp list in the MailChimp plugin or global settings to pick the list the user signs up for globally. Then the event could be an override for the list or turn it off? At least just make it default to a list so it always does something with the checkbox showing. I'm really hung up on the checkbox that does nothing. Poor user experience.

Let me know what you think.
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Dave B.

More
4 years 6 months ago #127918 by Dave B
Replied by Dave B on topic Mailchimp plugin questions
My only goal is to help make the extension better.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc