No emails sent

• Simon Tavner
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 7 months ago #128045 by Simon Tavner
No emails sent was created by Simon Tavner
I've been working on building my first event, it's all coming together however, when testing it doesn't send any emails after completing a registration. I receive an error message stating:
Notice
Could not start mail function.

The registration process otherwise is working. I've checked the email addresses in the global configuration and removed any from the event email config. ( to ensure it uses the Global settings)

I've enabled the logging of New Registration Emails and the mail shows in the log, but still no mail is sent to the recipient or to my email address.
You can find the entry page here: simontavner.dscloud.me/joomla/index.php?...king&view=event&id=1

Many thaanks,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #128049 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic No emails sent
Hello Simon

That means mail settings is wrong on your site. You will need to go to System -> Global Configuration, look at Server Tab, Mail settings section, change mail settings to have it works

You can test mail settings by going to Users -> Manage, create a new user account. If that user receives email, then mail settings on your site and it will work for Events Booking, too

Tuan

• Simon Tavner
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 7 months ago #128054 by Simon Tavner
Replied by Simon Tavner on topic No emails sent
Thanks Tuan,

I've just corrected those settings and it now works. thanks for such a quick response.

Simon

More
4 years 7 months ago #128068 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic No emails sent
Great. Happy to hear that and thanks for the update, Simon

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc