• Chris Jarvis
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #130051 by Chris Jarvis
Disable Registration but Still Show Capacity was created by Chris Jarvis
Hello.
I have used Event Booking for a number of years and love it.
I am not sure if I am being dumb today or not but I have noticed that all my events for next year where I disable Online registration are not showing the capacity or available places against them
The events I have where I do accept online registration show the capacity/available places as expected still

We have 2 levels of events we run and have done the same for a few years now.
Some courses we allow online registration and set our available places to 20. Every time someone registers the available places goes down by 1 each time and this still works great.

We have always also run a higher grade of event where people need to complete a registration form and email us certain details before we can register them so we disable registration, provide a pdf link and an email link for this. We set the capacity/available places to 15 and then we just reduce this figure each time we accept an email registration.

Today though I have gone to reduce that figure down as normal and noticed that the available places isn't showing for all the 2020 dates I put in for our disabled registration events recently.

Could someone please tell me what I am missing or doing wrong this time around as funnily I just can't see the difference I have made between this years events and those for next year

I feel a bit silly but have gone blind to what I have missed sorry

Thanks
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by Chris Jarvis.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #130052 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Disable Registration but Still Show Capacity
Hi Chris

In the latest version of the extension, we don't show available places and number registered users for all events with Registration Type set to Disable Registration

It does not make sense to show these information for this kind of events (it was asked by customers, and we implemented it)

Tuan

• Chris Jarvis
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
4 years 4 months ago #130217 by Chris Jarvis
Replied by Chris Jarvis on topic Disable Registration but Still Show Capacity
Thanks for letting me know Tuan
I thought I was missing something that I had always seen
That is a real shame for us as we used the functionality all the time and loved it being there.
It was a great way to show how quickly our advanced courses sell out even when you can't simply register online as we need contact from the registrant first. It was also great for us manually running courses in places like Thailand and the Philippines where local people book through a contact there direct and we manage the numbers to show how quickly places where going down.

Can you think of a way I can get around this other than simply adding text to the description boxes do you think?

No worries if not as I know you can't keep us all happy all the time Tuan

Or if you can keep everyone happy - please tell me the secret!

:)

Thanks again for all your great help and products. We love them

Chris

More
4 years 4 months ago #130218 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Chris

For this case, we have no way to make everyone happens. So in short, you want to show event capacity and also available places for events which have registration type set to Disable Registration?

If so, submit a support ticket sending us super admin account of your site and link to the page. We will help with this modification

Regards,

Tuan

• Chris Jarvis
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
4 years 4 months ago #130219 by Chris Jarvis
Replied by Chris Jarvis on topic Disable Registration but Still Show Capacity
Hi Tuan
Thanks so much. You are so good to your customers and I know this always.
Yes. I want to show available places for events even when registration type is set to Disable Registration. Like it used to show sorry.
I will submit a support ticket. Please tell me how much for this custom work and your email address and I will send the money using PayPal.

That is only fair as you always look after me so well.

Thanks as always Tuan

Regards

Chris

More
4 years 4 months ago #130220 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
OK. Thanks Chris

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc