Multiple, non-sequential, non-repeating dates for same event?

• George Langley
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 3 months ago #131063 by George Langley
Hi all. Want to set up an online registration for classes.
Some classes are a single day, ie. Monday 9-5 - no problem, single event with start/stop date/times.
Some classes are two or three sequential days, ie. Thursday and Friday, 9-5 - again, single event.
BUT, some have more than one session spread out over multiple days, ie. Tuesdays 07, 14 and 28, 9-5, or Wednesday 08, 6-9 and Saturday 11, 9-5.
These are NOT repeating child events of a parent event (ie. every week or every 4th Thursday) - customer would register/pay once and then come in at the various times listed.
QUESTION - is there a way to display the different days for that class/event in a calendar, WITHOUT having one long continuous bar running from the start date to the end date?
Or am I stuck having to add just a start date to that class and only show the first day in the calendar?
Thanks - this module looks great otherwise!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #131064 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi George

For this, I guess you will have to add just a start date to that class and only show the first day in the calendar.

Then in the description of the event, you can list the dates of the event.

Tuan

• George Langley
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 3 months ago #131087 by George Langley
Thanks - that's what I suspected and was prepared to do.
Mind you, part of me wonders if that isn't the better solution anyways. If someone see a class listed on Tuesday 14, not realizing that it actually starts on the 7th, they could be disappointed if they aren't available on the 7th, or frustrated if the class has already started and they can no longer register for it. Would need some way to indicate whether that event is the first date, or a subsequent date - could get confusing quickly!
Only downside to the above solution is that it doesn't show everything that is running that day, and makes our classrooms look less busy than they really are.
Anyway, thanks again.

More
4 years 3 months ago #131094 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
How about:

- Use this plugin eventbookingdoc.joomservices.com/miscell...itional-dates-plugin to add additional dates to that original event (which we call parent event)

- So all of these dates will be displayed as an entry in the calendar

- Then somehow, modify code so that when users click on an event of that additional date, they will be redirected to the parent event and perform the registration from there?

Tuan

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #133166 by Sue McQueen
Hi
Am I able to access this plugin, please? The link does not work but I would very much like this ability as most courses will run over 2-3 days.
Many thanks

"I can see clearly now the brain has gone..."

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #133167 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello

Please access to correct link here eventbookingdoc.joomservices.com/plugins/additional-dates

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sue McQueen

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc