Replaced language files after update

• Torsten Kaletta
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #130984 by Torsten Kaletta
Replaced language files after update was created by Torsten Kaletta
Replaced language files after update

Hi, i have the files "de-DE.com_eventbooking.ini" and "de-DE.com_eventbooking.sys.ini" with my own translated words maked. I need this for my customer. I had updated yesterday the component booking_events. Today i see all my translations are away. Now my Question, will all translations files by an update replaced every time and if yes, how can this prevent? Where find the translations where isn't see in the ini-files (only in the booking-event back end and/or database)?

best regards

tortellini62
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by Torsten Kaletta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #130985 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Replaced language files after update
Hello

When you update the extension, better don't update the German language files which you already translated and the problem should not happen anymore

Tuan

• Torsten Kaletta
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 3 months ago #130992 by Torsten Kaletta
Replied by Torsten Kaletta on topic Replaced language files after update
Hello Tuan,
Thanks for your quick reply. That was my question. If I update the component, will the files "de-DE.com_eventbooking.ini" and "de-DE.com_eventbooking.sys.ini" be replaced or not? If so, how can I prevent this?

With an update, I can click on a update button and ready is.

Do you also have an answer to my last question? Where can i find the translations that can only be found in the booking event backend (under translations) and / or in the database? Gives here ini-files too?

best regards

tortellini62

More
4 years 3 months ago #131010 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Replaced language files after update
Hello

If you update Events Booking extension only, the German language file won't be updated/replaced. It will remain unchanged, so no worry

For your other question about translation, not sure which one you want to translate? Please give me more information so that I can understand and answer your question

Tuan

• Torsten Kaletta
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #131016 by Torsten Kaletta
Replied by Torsten Kaletta on topic Replaced language files after update
Hello Tuan,

Thank you for the first answer.

forgott this => (Now to my second question. There are many sentences and words that should be translated in the backend (look under configuration, setup etc.). Where can you find it Only in the PHP pages or in the database? I did an image montage with a few examples. Please ask me if you need more information.)

Ok, i have it found in the de-DE.com_eventbooking.ini. I have forgotten all terms to translate. Thanks for your help.

best regards

tortellinni62
Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by Torsten Kaletta.