Updated from ver 2.14.5 to ver 3.8.4 and show registrants of events owner issue

• Judy Akers
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 months ago #122257 by Judy Akers
I am using a development environment to test this upgrade, which is behind firewall and not accessible to any external users. I do not think I can give you an account to access it.

I know the upgrade is long overdue, and we have used EB since version 1.6.x with much success. With the earlier version, you had sent us a patch to limit the export of registration records by the specific event to only the Owner for that Event. The file replaced the one at /components/com_eventbooking/helper/helper.php file

I have this configuration value set to "Yes" but when logged in from the front end, I see ALL of the registrations (hundreds of them) and not just for the 2 events that I created. I need this option to work so I need your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Judy Akers
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 months ago #122258 by Judy Akers
I can also see the other events when I use the menu link built with "Users Events"

More
5 years 2 months ago #122261 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
I guess it happens because you logged in using a Super Admin account. Try to login using a none super admin account and you won't see this issue

Also, please make sure going to Events Booking -> Configuration, set Only show registrants of events owner config option to Yes to make sure it works as expected

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Judy Akers

• Judy Akers
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 months ago #122275 by Judy Akers
That is the issue - Super Users can see everything. I logged in as one of our regular event coordinators, and only saw his registration records.

Thank you.

More
5 years 2 months ago #122278 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Yes. That's how the extension is designed to work. Super Admin has control to everything in the system

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc