Discounts percentage from dropdown menu

More
4 years 10 months ago #125080 by Jacek
I'm very new to this but for the last 5-6 days I was unable to find anything close to answer to my question therefore I'm creating this thread.

( www.mesco.com.pl - Polish website). I'm unable to create a global discounts (for 3 different groups of Clients): 0%, 20%, 50%. No matter how I would name those positions but I want my Users to be able to choose from dropdown menu one of them upon registrations.

So far I did try few (if not many) things but It seams that Fee formula in Custome Field is unable to calculate percentage - it only adds or subtracts values. I did try many, many formulas but non of them worked.

Please help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #125081 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Discounts percentage from dropdown menu
Hello

For this, better submit a support ticket sending us super admin account of your site, link to registration form and tell us how you want the fee to be calculated

I will look at it and setup it for you

Regards,

Tuan

More
4 years 10 months ago #125092 by Jacek
Replied by Jacek on topic Discounts percentage from dropdown menu
In the attachment you will find a screen from my custom field.

I thought that field name was wrong, or that order of the formula makes a difference... I tried few several combinations but non have worked. I'm having the following Error: "Unsupported operand types" which suggests that "*" and "/" are not allowed...

Please see if from what I have sent you, you could tell what's wrong.

In the meantime I will contact my website administrator about your access.
Attachments:

More
4 years 10 months ago #125093 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello

1. Replace [FIELD_VALUE] with this syntax [NAME_OF_FIELD_IN_UPPERCASE]. For example, if the name of custom field is eb_discount, then [FIELD_VALUE] should be replaced with [EB_DISCOUNT]

2. Replace [EB_PRICE] with [INDIVIDUAL_PRICE]

Then check it again to see whether it works. If it's discount, I think you will have to add minus - before each fee value. So it should be

Please try to make that change to see whether it works

Tuan

More
4 years 10 months ago #125095 by Jacek
Replied by Jacek on topic Discounts percentage from dropdown menu
It worked!!! You are my hero!

My suggestion: put this and some other examples in documentation to make it easy for users to understand it. I'm not Tony Stark but article in documentation do lack depth in that regards (I think).

For everybody who struggle with the similar thing I attache the screenshot but above explanation is more than enough.

Thanks again!
Attachments:

More
4 years 10 months ago #125098 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
OK, great. Happy to hear that it's working as expected now. And I will try to put more examples in documentation as you suggested

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc