Event booking registration without payment issue

• Chad Emmett
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago #126276 by Chad Emmett
On our site we use event booking for live events, the issue we have is that if you register for the event you automatically get access to our website as well and if you back out of the payment process you still have access to our website without actually paying. How can i configure the system to require payment prior to registration in event booking?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 9 months ago #126286 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Event booking registration without payment issue
Hi Chad

I don't really understand your question. How register for an event relates to access to your website? Could you please explain more details about it so that I can understand and answer your questions/issues?

Tuan

• Chad Emmett
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago #126292 by Chad Emmett
Replied by Chad Emmett on topic Event booking registration without payment issue
Tuan,
In event booking configuration we have user registration integration set to yes!!! We have done this because we have webinars on our site and we need to provide access to the site once someone registers and pays for the product, the problem we see is this. a customer comes to the site, chooses a webinar, clicks the register button, fills in the registration information, chooses to pay via pay pal, clicks the process registration button... is redirected to paypal for payment...if for any reason they do not make the paypal payment...(they close the paypal screen) they have still managed to get registered and created a username and password to the site...However if they choose credit card to pay they cannot process registration until they provide credit card information and therefore no new account is created.

More
4 years 9 months ago #126297 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Event booking registration without payment issue
Hello Chad

I don't think restrict access to the webinars base on whether users have an account is not a right setup

I think the best thing to do is is:

1. Create a new Joomla user group called Paid Members

2. Configure Events Booking so that when users register for an event , they will be assigned to Paid Members user group. See eventbookingdoc.joomservices.com/miscell...a-groups-integration

3. Configure webinars pages so that only users from Paid Members user group can access to these pages instead of all standard Registered users

Please try that setup to see whether it works for your need

Tuan

• Chad Emmett
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago #126332 by Chad Emmett
Replied by Chad Emmett on topic Event booking registration without payment issue
Tuan, I understand what you are suggesting but I do not think this is the way forward for us.
Perhaps you can help me to understand why... when someone whishes to make a purchase with a credit card the system works correctly, they must provide credit card information prior to being able to register for access to the site, however if they select the paypal option they are allowed to proceed with the registration process prior to being directed to paypal for the purchase. If they choose to leave paypal without making the purchase they have already been allowed to register and therefore have access to the site...This is backwards and should not be this way.

More
4 years 9 months ago #126333 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Chad

It's actually, a problem with your setup. What if users register directly via Joomla core users registration? They will also have an account on your site

So in general, if you want to protect access to something, don't restrict it to standard Registered user group (everyone who has account can access to it)

Better restrict access to these resources to a higher level user group (like Paid Members as I mentioned)

Hope it makes sense

Regards,

Tuan

More
4 years 9 months ago #126334 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
For PayPal, users will be redirected to PayPal for processing payment. If they don't make payment, they won't be counted as registrants in the system.

Maybe the way it works does not meet your need, however, it has been working like that for years without any problems (If I remember correctly, I haven't heard anyone complain about this behavior)

Maybe your workflow is different compare to most other customers and guess, you will need to find a different way to setup it

Tuan

More
4 years 9 months ago #126335 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
And when you say about credit card, although users forced to enter credit card number, if they enter an invalid card (for example, an expired credit card), user account still be created (although the registration is not counted as actual registration)

Regards,

Tuan

• Chad Emmett
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago #126337 by Chad Emmett
For PayPal, users will be redirected to PayPal for processing payment. If they don't make payment, they won't be counted as registrants in the system.

Tuan, If this were correct I would not have any issues but I have tested this thoroughly and I am sorry but If I set up a "fake user" ask to process payment with paypal/ and then do not make the payment/ the fake user is processed as a registrant and has access to the site... If this is not supposed to be happening perhaps you can help me figure out why it is?

More
4 years 9 months ago #126353 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Chad

1. The user account will still be created

2. However, he is not counted as registrant. You can go to Events Booking -> Events, check that event, number registrants won't be increased. By default, the system won't show these ignore payment records. I guess it's showing because you have Show incomplete payment records config option set to Yes. Go to Events Booking -> Configuration, set that config option to No and you won't see these records (to make it less confusing)

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc