Setting up discounts + fees

• Karen Laksamana
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 week 41 minutes ago #126596 by Karen Laksamana
Setting up discounts + fees was created by Karen Laksamana
I'm trying to set up an event pricing structure that includes a base price + registration fee. I need to have an early registration discount, and a group discount to 2+ registration. However, if the registration is early registration of a group of 2+, I just want them to get one discount, not both discounts. Plus, I need a way to waive the registration fee if they are early registration of a group of 2+.

I can figure out how to set up the early registration fee and the group discount rates. However, I don't know how to keep it from applying both discounts. I also can't figure out how to set up the fee, and make it based on their registration date and number of registrants.

Here are the specifics:

Regular price: $800 + $25 fee
Early registration price: $750 + $25 fee (so it's a $50/person early reg discount)
Group 2+ registration price: $750 + $25 fee (so it's a $50/person group discount)
Early registration of Group 2+ registration price: $750 + $0 fee (so it's a $50/person discount, plus no fee)

Is this even possible with Event Booking?

Thanks,
Karen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 days 16 hours ago #126605 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Setting up discounts + fees
Hi Karen

This fee structure is quite complicated. I have spent some time to think about it but could not figure out a way to setup it. In this case, I think you will have to setup price in two duration:

- At this time, setup price with early bird discount
- When current time is greater than early bird discount date, you will have to change price manually to meet the new price (without early bird discount)

That might be the easiest way to setup it for now

Regards,

Tuan

• Karen Laksamana
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 days 4 hours ago #126629 by Karen Laksamana
Replied by Karen Laksamana on topic Setting up discounts + fees
I'm not really understand what part of my price structure your suggestion will resolve.

Would there be a way to create a custom fee formula that turns off the fee if it is a group registering early? Like a formula that uses values from other parts of the event form, not just custom field values?

Would there be a way to turn off the early bird discount just for group registrations?

More
5 days 19 hours ago #126635 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello Karen

Would there be a way to create a custom fee formula that turns off the fee if it is a group registering early

=> No, there is not a way to do that

Would there be a way to turn off the early bird discount just for group registrations?

=> No. However, if it's really needed, code modification can be made (easily) to remove early bird discount for group registration. We can help with that modification for free

Regards,

Tuan

• Karen Laksamana
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
5 days 4 hours ago #126651 by Karen Laksamana
Replied by Karen Laksamana on topic Setting up discounts + fees
Thank you, that might help! I'll get back to you if we need to go that route. I appreciate your help.

Karen

More
4 days 18 hours ago #126662 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
OK. Thanks Karen