Registration for this event is only availble for different user groups

• John Whitrick
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 6 months ago #129120 by John Whitrick
Events Booking - Version 3.10.4

I hope you can address this issue quickly as we have an live Event Registration happening right now and we're having issues?

When anyone tries to register they get asked to Login, that's fine, but after Logging in they get the following message:
"Registration for this event is only availble for different user groups" including the spelling mistake. So I guess this is in the code somewhere?
I've attached an image of the result.

The Event is set to Public, which according to the documentation everyone should have access? I've tried giving it other access levels as well without any change at all.

Is there anyone else having this issue?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #129128 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello John

Check Registration Access setting of the event. Maybe you set it to a custom access level and it causes the issue

You just need to edit the event, change Registration Access to Public and it should work fine

Regards,

Tuan

• John Whitrick
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #129149 by John Whitrick
As I said in my original message the Event is set to Public?

I spent this morning working in your code to fix the issue and my apologies, since it did turn out to be a custom group that was causing the issue and needed to have public assigned to it to get things working properly.
I'm still unsure why that was causing the problem in your logic though since everything public and above should have worked?

Just a suggestions. In your en-GB.com_eventbooking.ini file
You have the following message on line 1049
EB_REGISTRATION_NOT_AVAILABLE_FOR_ACCOUNT="Registration for this event is only availble for different user groups"
This causes confusion and I would suggest you replace it with:
EB_REGISTRATION_NOT_AVAILABLE_FOR_ACCOUNT="Registration for this event is not available at your current access level"
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by John Whitrick.

More
4 years 6 months ago #129154 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi John

It's Registration Access setting, not Access setting. In the event, there are two settings related to access level:

- Access: Control what access level can view the event
- Registration Access: Control what access level can register for the event

Base on your description, I think you have Access set to Public but Registration Access set to a custom access level and it causes the error. As mentioned, just change Registration Access to Public should address the issue

Thanks for your suggestion about language string. I will update it with your suggestion

Tuan

• John Whitrick
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 6 months ago #129162 by John Whitrick
Thanks for the clarification Tuan, that was the problem.

More
4 years 6 months ago #129172 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
OK John. I'm glad it's clear now

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc