stock qty for options, variants

More
5 years 2 months ago #121608 by Jose Santori
Replied by Jose Santori on topic stock qty for options, variants
same issue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #121769 by Alison
Replied by Alison on topic stock qty for options, variants
It seems the only way to manage this at the moment is to create size and color as one option with the amount of stock i.e.

Red Small 5
Red Medium 7
Red Large 3
Red Extra Large 2

White Small 4
White Medium 2
White Large 5
White Extra Large 1

Which becomes very cumbersome if you have more than one color. If you have 5 colors, the options required are then 20 in a radio list or drop down and is very confusing for the customer to view.

The one option (e.g. size) should be conditional upon the other (e.g. color), a sub-option where the stock amount is entered, and not an entirely separate option for the stock to work properly, and the quantity should be entered only once in the sub-option part of this.

The separate options as they are at present are fine for non-stock options perhaps such as adding a gift wrap or service of some kind to the stockable item, or a sauce to a burger etc.

If it is not possible to set up a conditional option (as I mean above), perhaps creating proper child products under the main product would solve this, Giang? Where the child products are the color variations that have a total quantity on hand for each color, and the sizes are the options with stock quantity for each size?

Main product T-shirt
Child product Red T, Blue T, Yellow T, Black T, White T
Options: Sizes with quantity for each child product.

More
5 years 1 month ago #121770 by David Woolterton
Replied by David Woolterton on topic stock qty for options, variants
I raised this question sometime ago now,

The request is a fundamental realistic request. I know that this it would be possible to write the code to resolve this issue of stock control where an Item can have 2 or more options.

On top of that when stock has been entered for these options the total amount of stock should also be automatically calculated.

The other request I would like to be considered is in low stock notification, currently it only reports when the total is low, it should also include when options get low.

You might only have two option total low stock warning on 50 however option 1 can have 51+ and option 2 zero and you have no way of being automatically notified.

I think that the whole issue of Items which contain options along with stock control and low level notification requires a serious rethink, as it is fundamental to accounting for any online shop.

One other thing where a donation is allowed the reports section of eshop it should also report on donations made like any other item for accountability.

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong