Assign Mass Customers to group on criteria

• Clifton Murphy
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #102987 by Clifton Murphy
Assign Mass Customers to group on criteria was created by Clifton Murphy
Customer Groups needs some serious work. Why have customer groups for discounts, if it's impossible to move mass customers to a discount group, or discount pricing group one at a time when you have hundreds or thousands of customers in the database?

We would like customers placed in these groups based on the number of orders, or the dollar amount they have spent in the store or other criteria to be determined by store owners.

Creating customer groups is easy. What is not easy is a way to see why we even need them, if we can only move one customer at a time to a group. This is pointless for large stores to implement. Moving three hundred "default" customers to a group must be done one at a time. This is not feasible. It also lacks any forward thinking, as what if i decide to make a group for a specific purpose 2 years from now. I'll have several thousand customers to move to that group....ONE AT A TIME!

I say no, that just doesn't work. There needs to be a way to move lots of customers to a group at once. This should be coupled with basic, Eshop related, search parameters. Such as total # of orders a customer has made, the total number of dollars a customer has spent, etc. This change would make "customer groups" an actual feature, instead of an after thought like it is now. There is just no scalability currently and there needs to be.

Clifton Murphy - Owner
Funny Bug Bees And Wood Works
252-933-4840
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Clifton Murphy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Clifton Murphy
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
6 years 1 month ago #110424 by Clifton Murphy
Replied by Clifton Murphy on topic Assign Mass Customers to group on criteria
We solved this with a add-on written for Eshop, which is now available in the Joomla Extension Library here: extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extensi...s-program-for-eshop/

Clifton Murphy - Owner
Funny Bug Bees And Wood Works
252-933-4840

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong