Dynamic pricing on quantity

• howard clark
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 4 months ago #107524 by howard clark
Dynamic pricing on quantity was created by howard clark
when you have options that change the price this is very obvious to the customer, but when you apply a discount for number ordered this only shows the discount when in the cart i.e when the cart is viewed.
I have had customers that have not placed an order because they did not see the price alter when they chose the appropriate number for the price change. Resulting in numerous emails explain how it works. How many customers I have lost because of this who have NOT contacted me I don't know?
Customer are not always very intuitive and are frightened to click add to cart if they do not see the discount in the price. I feel this is a very important point and should be rectified as soon as possible.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 4 months ago #107561 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Dynamic pricing on quantity
Hello Howard,

I am sorry but I am a bit confused about the thing that you are saying here. Please show it to me by an example on your site.

Sincerely, Giang

• howard clark
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #108595 by howard clark
Replied by howard clark on topic Dynamic pricing on quantity
As you can see from the attachment on original post, the quantity is set to 4 and reflected price should be £16 per unit when buying 4 or more, but it still shows £18 the price for 1 to 3 units. This confuses the customer who thinks the discount has not been applied and then rather than going on to purchase the items chooses to not bother.This potentially loses sales.
Don't forget some customers will not proceed to checkout unless they see the price change before pressing add to basket.
This has already happened, luckily she sent a text to me so I could guide her. But then I have to think how many prospective customers have I lost due to this simple problem? Taking that other shops I have used and looked at do actually change the indicated price in real time depending on how many units have been selected.
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by howard clark.

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong