Pay on delivery available only when payment and delivery addresses are same

• Impression eStudio
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #125708 by Impression eStudio
Hi,

It would be helpful if the offline payment method which can be used as "cash on delivery" to have an option to be available only when the client has the same payment and delivery address.

This is needed to avoid cases where the client makes an order and forces the receiver to pay but the receiver is not aware of that. So the receiver may not accept the order and the whole delivery process is done for nothing.

Thanks
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Impression eStudio.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 10 months ago #125731 by Giang Dinh Truong
Hello,

Thank you for suggesting but I don't see an reason for this feature. There is no any relation between offline payment method and shipping address / payment address is same.

Sincerely, Giang

• Impression eStudio
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
4 years 10 months ago #125740 by Impression eStudio
Hi Giang,

I will try to explain the usefulness of this feature.
This feature is useful only when the payment method is cash on delivery.

Let's suppose that someone wants to pay with cash on delivery which is the offline payment in the eshop.
a) If he has defined the same billing and shipping address and of course the same first and last name, then it means that he is the person that he will pay.
b) If he has defined different billing and shipping address and different first and last name then it means that someone else will receive the order and pay.
But possibly the other person will not accept the order since he is not aware of it. So the whole order and delivery of it are canceled and the merchant has a loss of money.

This feature was asked by a client of mine who sells flowers. He faces cases where someone orders flowers for another person, and he puts the other person to pay. This other person may deny paying so the flower seller has a wasted bunch of flowers and time loss.

This is also useful for cases where the payment address and name refer to another country than the shipping address and name. The merchant will send a parcel so far away and the receiver may deny to pay.

So it would be good to have an option to hide offline payment when the payment address and name is different from the shipping address and name.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 10 months ago #126094 by Giang Dinh Truong
Hi there,

Thank you for your explanation. I understand now but this is just an outstanding question from your store.

If you really want to have this feature, please submit a new ticket to EShop category so I will find a solution and implement it for you as a custom work.

Sincerely, Giang

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong