abuse of Joom Donation

More
7 years 3 months ago #93099 by Steve
abuse of Joom Donation was created by Steve
I created a website that uses Joomla.
On the site is a Donation page using JoomDonation, which we like very much.
Unfortunately unscrupulous people use our donation form to attempt to see if to make small donations with bogus addresses and emails. As was explained to me, these are typically stolen credit card information, and if the card numbers work, they then try to buy large ticket items elsewhere.

So my thoughts on how to at least try stop the inconvenience of getting all these bogus donation email attempts and subsequent forms (I receive a copy of all submissions as the webmaster / volunteer ) was to include an email verification step.

How would I accomplish that?
Please keep in mind, I'm a middle aged, intermediate skilled designer on my best days. B)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #94027 by Daniel
Replied by Daniel on topic abuse of Joom Donation
I have same issue. Trying to create a secret word field where they know the value in advance or can call and get that value. Have a ticket into get the validation code since I same to dumb to figure it out.

More
7 years 2 months ago #94454 by thirdsun
Replied by thirdsun on topic abuse of Joom Donation
Those are almost always done by Robots/Scripts - turning on Captcha will usually stop them. docs.joomla.org/J3.x:Google_ReCaptcha

More
7 years 2 months ago #94469 by Daniel
Replied by Daniel on topic abuse of Joom Donation
Nope. These are not bots. We have captcha on. Latest publications about it says they have people that actually do it now manually to get past captcha. We had to disable the module until someone can come up with a solutions.

• Conceptual Geniuses
More
6 years 9 months ago #100471 by Conceptual Geniuses
Replied by Conceptual Geniuses on topic abuse of Joom Donation
Has there been any resolution to this issue? Because I have a client complaining about this very thing. I also had an issue with turning on the Captcha on the form even after turning on Joomla's sitewide Captcha.

More
6 years 9 months ago #100481 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic abuse of Joom Donation
Hi,
1. Joom Donation has feature to check the donation amount before posting parameters to payment plugin
2. Joom Donation supports Google reCaptcha to prevent fake donation.
If your Google reCaptcha doesn't work, please raise new ticket on category Joom Donation and i will check the issue for you
Thanks
Dam

More
6 years 9 months ago #100504 by Steve
Replied by Steve on topic abuse of Joom Donation
The Captcha has been partly effective. We still have the occasional mischief maker who submits a phony donation with a fake address. Is there any way to add email verification as part of the process?

More
6 years 8 months ago #101288 by Steve
Replied by Steve on topic abuse of Joom Donation
Once again, another person has attempted to circumvent the system with a bogus donation. (see below)

What would it take to add an email verification step? IMHO, This would eliminate 99% of the fraudulent submissions.

Dear Administrator! You got a new donation on the site. The donation detail is as follows:
Campaign Caring Committee Fund
First Name Jhon
Last Name Mors
Address 54 New York
City NY
Zip 10001
State NY
Country United States
Phone 3182523416
E-mail sddmkdmk@gmail.co
Comment Peace
Donation Type One Time
Amount $1.00
Transaction ID ZUCD7QG0
Payment method Offline Payment ,Caring Committee Fund, Jhon, Mors, [ORGANIZATION], 54 New York, [ADDRESS2], NY, NY, NY, 10001, United States, 3182523416, [FAX], sddmkdmk@gmail.co, Peace, $1.00

Moderators: Mr. DamDũng Nguyễn Việt