Feature request - Mailchimp list to campaign integration

• VickiT
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago #117470 by VickiT
Joom Donation is developing nicely, and I really appreciate the recent integration of MailChimp.

This makes so much sense, because MailChimp is one of the top email marketing software solutions, yet the integration doesn't go far enough for the needs of our NGO.

We wish to associate a Joom Donation campaign with a particular MailChimp list. This is my feature request. This would be *gold*.

:laugh:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #117471 by Mr. Dam
Hi,
Mailchimp integration feature has been added into Joom Donation 5.4.5
See more here: www.joomdonation.com/forum/joom-donation...n-version-5-4-5.html
Thanks
Dam

• VickiT
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago #117480 by VickiT
Yes, it's added. I have installed the MailChimp API key.

But the integration doesn't allow one (or is just that I don't understand how?) to associate a particular Mailchimp list with a particular Joom Donation campaign. That's what we're missing.

It's not covered in the documentation and I don't see how to do that. If I'm wrong, please explain how.

More
5 years 6 months ago #117516 by Mr. Dam
Hi,
After entering Mailchimp Key, you should go to Joom Donation Configuration page and select Mailchimp List that you want the donor will be signed up into.
Thanks
Dam

• VickiT
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago #117517 by VickiT
Thank you, but I don't think we're communicating clearly.

I have done that process, but as far as I could see that makes all campaigns associated with ONE MailChimp list (or more than one... but the same for all campaigns, so it's at the Joom Donation level, not the campaign level).

What I hope for is the ability to associate a campaign with its own SPECIFIC MailChimp list.

If this is currently enabled, I don't understand how-to.

Either I'm hoping for clearer documentation which explains how-to, or I am requesting this feature.

Thanking you again!
Vicki

More
5 years 6 months ago #117518 by Mr. Dam
Hi Vicki,
Currently, Joom Donation doesn't have feature to allow one campaign with specific Mailchimp list. If you want to have that feature, we can implement it for you with small additional cost.
Thanks
Dam

• VickiT
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago #117522 by VickiT
OK. Down the track we will need this feature. I'll send a message to support to follow up on this.

But please consider rolling this feature into a future release. I'm sure it will enhance the appeal of your software to many more customers. :D

More
5 years 6 months ago #117544 by Dave B
It's kind of part of incorporating this with Mailchimp. All the integration I have seen with other components, besides this company have list options. I just assumed this would be in there right off the bat.

• VickiT
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago #117562 by VickiT
I have to agree. I can't help thinking of the current level of integration as "almost useful". :-)

Moderators: Mr. DamDũng Nguyễn Việt