JD - Select 'Anonymous donation' but required fields still required.

• Rick
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago #118346 by Rick
Hi,

If a donor wants to make an anonymous donation and selects the 'Annonymous donation' tick box the donation can't proceed unless the Donor information fields that are marked 'Required' in Configuration - Custom Fields are filled-in.

I currently have First Name, Last Name, Address, City, State, Post Code (like zip code), and Email as required fields.

I don't understand the logic of this. Or do users normally not make those fields Required?

There is also a typo: 'Annonymous donation' should read 'Anonymous donation'.

Thanks, Rick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #118372 by Mr. Dam
Hi Rick,
Could you please send me the link of your Donation form here so i can check it to understand your idea.
Thanks
Dam

• Rick
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago #118386 by Rick
Hi Dam,

See: www.heysensculpturebiennial.com.au/Donate - the menu isn't visible but that URL takes you there.

Once you get there try checking the 'Annonymous' box and then try processing a payment (PayPal currently set to Sandbox account).

Thanks, Rick

• Rick
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago #118387 by Rick
Hi again Dam,

I changed the text 'Annonymous' to 'Anonymous' in the Translation part of JD, so the word is now spelled correctly.

What a great feature having the Translation part of JD! Well done! Until I went through the Tutorial I thought that section related only to different languages, not the displayed text on the form(s).

Thanks, Rick

More
5 years 6 months ago #118391 by Mr. Dam
Hi,
I tried to make the donation on your Donation form, and i ticked on checkbox "Anonymous donation" to make donation, but i don't see any problem.
Thanks
Dam

• Rick
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago #118394 by Rick
Hi Dam,

Yes, I see your donation in the Donor's list in our JD. But that isn't actually an anonymous donation as I would expect it, as you entered your name and other details on the form in the required fields on the donation page.

It isn't an anonymous donation if someone has to register their details.

To see what I mean, try clicking the Anonymous Donation box but don't enter your name and other personal information. It won't work.

If someone wants to donate anonymously then ticking the Anonymous Donation box could override the Required fields and allow blank entries except for the donation amount, then payment through PayPal.

Does that make sense?

Thanks, Rick

Moderators: Mr. DamDũng Nguyễn Việt