Layout issue fix -- radio buttons / checkbox moving or disappearing

• James Riley
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #126944 by James Riley
I ran into an issue with the responsive layout in JoomDonation's Simple "SimpleFlow" layout on my site today. Depending on screen width, radio buttons and checkboxes that were supposed to show below the donor contact info and comment textarea would end up floating up into the fields at the end of the donor contact info section of the form. This would also either break the layout of the last couple text boxes in that form or hide the check/radio behind the text boxes. The corresponding label text however would remain below the comment text area.

Here you can see it happening with the "Anonymous Donation" text and box, but it'll also happen with the One-Time/Reoccurring Donations boxes, the "in memory of" box, etc. It might just be something odd about my site template causing the problem, but it might also be an issue that others might run into too.

To fix it, I added
Code:
<hr style="clear:both;" />
into simpleflow_layout.php, just above the code for
Code:
<?php if ($this->config->enable_hide_donor)

Of course, save the file as a template override to /templates/YOUR-TEMPLATE/html/com_jdonation/donation/simpleflow_layout.php to prevent the fix from being overwritten when updating.
If you don't want a visible element like a <hr>, you could use something like <div style="clear:both;" ></div> instead.

James Riley .: EventBooking user since 2014 ::: JoomDonation user since 2016 :.
.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by James Riley.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• James Riley
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #126948 by James Riley
Silly me -- I didn't have BootStrap enabled!
After tossing the toggle for Bootstrap in JoomDonation's configuration panel, this problem seems to have been resolved.

James Riley .: EventBooking user since 2014 ::: JoomDonation user since 2016 :.
.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by James Riley.

More
4 years 8 months ago #126959 by Mr. Dam

Moderators: Mr. DamDũng Nguyễn Việt