Stripe Recurring Donation Shows Duplicate Donation

• Dave B
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 5 months ago #129213 by Dave B
1. When a donor creates a recurring donation on my site it looks like a duplicate charge was made to the donor. Your extension mails the donor two times making it seem like the donation might have been charged 2x.

Can you make this send out a single email to the user instead of two? One email showing it's a recurring donation with the amount if fine, no need to send out a second email.

2. Also, the worst part is the front end donor module shows it as TWO donations. If they did not donate twice why does it show two donations to the public in the module? I do not want it to be duplicated to show the incorrect amount.

The website should not show duplicate donation. This seems like a bug.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #130094 by John Goodwin
Replied by John Goodwin on topic Stripe Recurring Donation Shows Duplicate Donation
Same problem for me. Thing that concerns me is I don't have a current subscription, but clearly the extension was 'broken' when I bought it.
The first time this happened, a couple of weeks ago, we actually refunded a $1200 donation because it appeared to have been taken twice. Now we have to go get it again.

• Dave B
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 4 months ago #130097 by Dave B
My tests on a new site with minimal settings had no issues. I removed a caching program and have not had any issues since on my production site.

I would check to see if some caching is on. I was using Joom United Speed Cache.

More
4 years 4 months ago #130165 by John Goodwin
Replied by John Goodwin on topic Stripe Recurring Donation Shows Duplicate Donation
Thanks for the reply, Dave. I only had Joomla caching on, but have disabled it and will see if that makes a difference!
Cheers.

John

• Dave B
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 4 months ago #130166 by Dave B
Conservative or progressive cache?

More
4 years 4 months ago #130167 by John Goodwin
Not positive now! I think conservative.

• Dave B
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 4 months ago #130168 by Dave B
I think I have this on too. That should not matter.

The cache plugin is not enabled, is it? That might be a different story if that's on.

My issue seemed completely related to a 3rd party caching extension.

Moderators: Mr. DamDũng Nguyễn Việt